$32.99 lowers

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnottheir shipping charges are very high. making up for the low cost i guess.

I just added 5 to the cart, and the shipping price is 1 dollar more than if I ordered 1.

Basically order 1, not a great deal. Order 5 for 200 bucks=deal

still gotta figure in transfer fees. that always used to be the deal breaker on e-retailing stripped lowers back in the day. when you can just walk into cabela's and buy an aero for $50+tax out the door, even a $32 receiver + ship + transfer isnt that much of a deal anymore. even spreading the shipping out over 5+ items... you still gotta do 5 transfers.

in the business world its called "landed product cost"

that said, i havent tried to buy an anderson from them lately, so dont know pricing/availability.

but just thoughts to consider when ordering this kinda stuff online

Originally Posted By: Plant.One... you still gotta do 5 transfers.

as long as they are done at the same time, in my state it is not one transfer fee cost per item. 5 cost the same as 1.

i think it depends on the FFL. some charge per item, some charge per whatever is on the paperwork.

most of the places around here have zero sympathy and charge per serial #. a few that i know of discount the per item cost for multiple transfers.

i cant say i blame them, id probably have a similar policy in place. if you're just gonna use my shop time to transfer a sale from another retailer, you're gonna pay for all the time you're consuming that i could be helping a customer complete a sale in my retail store with.

we'd all be lying to ourselves if we believe that FFL's adsorb that cost on in-shop sales and dont figure it into the calculations of the final retail price.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Plant.One... you still gotta do 5 transfers.

as long as they are done at the same time, in my state it is not one transfer fee cost per item. 5 cost the same as 1.

Here it's up to 5 items per NICs check.
That's not the same as transfer fee.

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Plant.One... you still gotta do 5 transfers.

Here it's up to 5 items per NICs check.
That's not the same as transfer fee.

exactly. its still 5x 4473's they have to process and securely store for 20 years.

5 serial numbers worth of data that have to go both in and out of their log book.

time spent dealing with the shipping vendor for your delivery to arrive - although i openly admit i'm assuming its a signature required type of delivery.

space taken up in their safe or whatever secure storage area they have to keep their stuff in until you pick it up.

and yes.. time spent processing the nics check for items that they're not making a single penny on otherwise even if it does allow multiple items..

also as a follow up - i happened to be in rural king yesterday waiting for a resturaunt to open for lunch. they had andersons on the shelf for $60 + tax

By the time I spend $40 per lower for a transfer fee it’s not worth it. I try to buy local unless it’s a used, Black Friday special, or hard to find firearm.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DultimatpredatorBy the time I spend $40 per lower for a transfer fee it’s not worth it. I try to buy local unless it’s a used, Black Friday special, or hard to find firearm.

wow. the fee in wisconsin is high. i recently bought 5 stripped lowers and paid $17 for all 5

Back