Road to Nowhere-Super Yoter Style

DoubleUp

Called this pair from a long way off last night, but they almost ran over us when they finally got there. Big male was close to 40 lbs. My Partner made a nice follow-up on the female, and I had to put a finishing shot on the big male. My partner likes to get them close and I think I let this pair get a bit too close. It felt like we were playing "Coyote Poker" there for a few seconds.

#2829 by Double Up, on Flickr

Video:

I bet that got the blood pumping! Good work, I can't believe that female stood by and gave a standing shot.

I love it when they start to hop like you see the left (our left) coyote does at about 1:05 and again later in the video. Great job on the double. Females don't often wait around after the male is shot, so that was nice to see.

I let them get too close, but my partner likes them close. It worked out okay though. I got a big laugh out of that mouse myself. That's the wonderful thing about thermal. You just see so many interesting things in the dark.

What that right hind leg look like after those 2 hits? That was pretty intense, well done.

Last edited:
A gaping hole!

Here is the same video for comparison sake shot from my hunting partner's Thermion XP50. In all honesty his focus isn't as sharp in this video as it normally is, but does give a better idea of the FOV difference between the Thermion XP50 with 2x native mag and the Super Yoter with 3x native.

He usually has it focused quite a bit better than this video shows. Not really sure why his focus was off somewhat, but it isn't as good as the SY and I think humidity hurts his Thermion somewhat more than the SY, but the humidity was down around 80% during the stand.

Back