Thousand Yard Coyote

DoubleUp

No, I didn't shoot him at a 1,000 yds. but I did see him coming from that far with the Phenom 640. When I started the stand, the wind was NE but it was a long stand and by the time the coyote responded and got within range, the wind shifted to the SW which put my scent going toward where he was approaching. Humidity was 71% and temp at 30 degrees.

You can tell when he stops right before I shoot that he has smelled something he doesn't like, which is me. I knew his next move would be to turn around and leave, so I killed him at about 150 yds. It was a nice male looking for love in all the wrong places.

Fine shooting as always. He prolly didn't know it, but running would have just made things worse.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DoubleUpNo, I didn't shoot him at a 1,000 yds. but I did see him coming from that far with the Phenom 640.

The Phenom 640 is a great unit. It has the best high humidity performance of any unit I have owned.

Last edited:
Phenom image as has been said before is Phenomenal. It was absolutely the time to bust that coyote. Nice shot and congrats.

Thanks Kirsch! The Phenom not only makes a more pleasant scanning experience, but it will show you coyotes a long way away. I would probably have never seen that coyote otherwise. I was about ready to quit the stand when I finally spotted him at 1,000 and he came from much farther than that.

Back