Got a surprise this morning!!

viper

Went coyote hunting this morning in the desert. Was cold at 6am when we headed out. Hunting west of Tucson about 20 miles. Loaded up Polaris ranger and drove out and unloaded. Took Polaris about 8 mile to a spot I like and have had a lot of success at. Had a friend hunting with me that is out from Indiana. Decided to hike up and over a peak to see if I could get in a good wind position. Wind was really strong and thought we would have tough time. Started off with Mrs. Cottontail after about 15min. I switched to Lucky Bird after about 10 min and my friend said Mountain Lion on ridge at 300 yards away. I had a tag and took a shot with my suppressed Christensen Arms CA-15 first shot and cat did not move.Second shot and it dropped! 70# Tom, what a day!!

Congrats! Pics or it didn't happen.
wink.gif

One of my bucket list items, but afraid that ship has already sailed. Do you think the suppressor bought you the second shot? Beautiful cat....Outstanding, congratulations!

Regards,
hm

I'd bet on it. At that range, he probably couldn't tell where the shot came from and the sonic crack of the bullet passing nearby caused him to pause long enough for a followup. Have had that happen on a couple of long range shots even w/o a suppressor.
Good job on getting it together for a quick followup!

Regards,
hm

Back