Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3292667 - 01/28/22 03:37 PM Two blocks off Main Street
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: okla
Setting here ALL DAY waiting on Big Brown to deliver my new barreled action and I walked over to my door just to look out. I live two blocks off Main St and have an empty lot across from my house. I see something that resembles dogs so I grab my binoculars for a look and its two of the mangiest coyotes I've seen in a long time. I've seen coyotes there before but not in a long time. Man these coyotes look bad. If only a few miles farther out, I could fix their problem. I'd have cops here before the smoke cleared if I tried to shoot them this close to town.

Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution.

#3292692 - 01/28/22 05:16 PM Re: Two blocks off Main Street [Re: pyscodog]
204 AR Offline
PM senior

Loc: Nebraska
Don't you just hate that feeling of helplessness? I feel for ya.

Silenced 22, subsonic hollow point to the cranium. Naw, I couldn't even risk that in town lol. Sucks being in a populated area.

#3293283 - 02/03/22 01:40 PM Re: Two blocks off Main Street [Re: pyscodog]
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

My street is pretty busy also. Its a main road in and out of town. I'd have to time my shot in between cars going by. LOL, doubt that would be a good idea. Sure tempting though. We just had a pretty big snow storm move into the area. With no more hair than they had on them they will be lucky if they survive.

#3293331 - 02/04/22 06:56 AM Re: Two blocks off Main Street [Re: pyscodog]
muskrat30 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Wisconsin
A lower powered gun, deep inside the house with the open window would ‘absorb’ much of the sound. Of course for safety, ensure nobody or a pet is about to walk in front.

To go further in my example, I’d use my 17 HMR with the 20 grain power-point bullet. Not the best coyote option, but he won’t be back after a good hit. One shot only.

I don’t know your exact particulars, not worth getting in trouble over a mangy coyote either.

Another option, call the law. Even police in some areas will dispatch sick/mangy, excessively bold coyotes.

There was a sick coyote at my small airport last Summer, mid day, no fear of people. I brought it to attention of management
, never saw the coyote again.

#3293380 - 02/04/22 02:36 PM Re: Two blocks off Main Street [Re: pyscodog]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland County, MI
[beeep] shame. but for safety reason is probably just not worth the risk.

trust me.. i'd be thinking the same thing you are lol

"hmm... i only wish"

#3293985 - 02/11/22 03:22 PM Re: Two blocks off Main Street [Re: pyscodog]
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

Well winter didn't get one of the coyotes. Looks like a car did. I live on a busy street and one didn't fair to well with the cars. He/she is dead on the shoulder. I guess its still better than freezing to death. Haven't seen the second one so who knows???

Moderator:  Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.