Thermion XQ38 with dead pixels

weekender

Skip over to 2:50 then watch 4 dead pixels appear after the shot. You can also see 2 other dead pixels that must have been repaired earlier.

About year ago I purchased an XP50 from a buddy of mine that Lives about 950 Miles away. It was lost for some time in the Mail. When it finally showed up, it looked like the box had been used as a kick ball. When I fired it up, it had about 8 dead pixels. Called my buddy a bit upset. He showed me the fix to it, and i never had an issue again.

See link below. Hope it helps

https://pulsarnv.com/blogs/news/how-to-fix-a-defective-pixel

I understand that they can be fixed, and that you said you haven't had another issue. This scope "spit out" 4 dead pixels with one shot and it appears it had done it before with 2 "repaired" pixels showing as well.
My understanding is when you have a dead pixel, you basically go in and turn that pixel black. If you then go to black hot, does that dead pixel show up white or is it still black?

Having dead pixels and or pixels that need repair are just something that goes along with the thermal game. Learn to not stress over it. Fix the ones you can repair and go on.

Back