kentucky night hunting

For all the kentucky hunters....am i reading the regulations right we can no longer use our rifles for night hunting and now can only hunt Feb through May shotguns only at night ...........just sunk 5 grand into thermal and pretty sure they will not take the kick of a 12ga shotgun........thanks for all replies

No, we can still use rifles(6.5mm and smaller) at night Dec 1st through March 31st. I keep seeing guys ask this on the Kentucky hunting groups on Facebook. I also heard from a reliable source that beginning with the 22-23 night season it will extend through June.

Straight from this season's hunting guide:
Click on coyotes and scroll down.

https://app.fw.ky.gov/seasondates/

I can see where it is a little confusing and why people have been questioning what the regulations are...I also read the link that you posted which is the one I had been going by...until I googled "hunting regulations in kentucky" from there I clicked on the first url which was kentucky hunting regulations on that page I searched coyote hunting and came up with "new this year" Feb 1st to end of May shotguns only which give the impression that the regulations have been changed.........trapperdoc

Back