Who Remembers

I was a member over there. I still remember ol' JH telling me "...a shotgun is a butcher's tool." when I asked a question about using one for close range, hand-called coyotes in thick brush and big coppice dunes. Still, I learned plenty there (and then here) in my formative years of predator hunting.

I would not tell someone they sound stupid trying to use cute names and such. They have every right to do as they please.
I think it sounds silly and that is my right and I don't care what anyone thinks about that.

Personally Coyote works fine for me. I have no need to try and improve on the term.
As for respect I respect the fact that they can live and do well in environments where I would not do well.
I hunt and kill them every chance I get because I don't like the sneaking chicken killing rabbit eating SOB's. But I have to respect the fact that they are very good at what they do.

I too was a member of that forum as well as shade tree which I really enjoyed until it shut down. This form was started by a member of that forum. who falsely claimed that a mountain lion sent him to the hospital He was found out but all ended well. Anyway JH was very dictatorial towards the end as beside not liking the deferent slangs for coyote he said that the .17 was the ONLY rifle caliber a coyote hunter should use period. I also remember the dust up about red mist comment. Oh, those were the days..
There we a lot of good guys on shade tree & Coyote gods. All old farts like me pretty much

Gerry Blair called coyotes many things other than coyote. Major Boddicker ( majorboddicker.com ) even named a call the Song Dog. If anyone wants to say they know more about a coyote than either of those two, they'd need some serious proof. Those two guys could tease the Coyote Dudes.

Hope none of the Coyote Gods ever called their pickup a "truck" or they should have their man card revoked.
tt2.gif

People take themselves bit too seriously over some pretty trivial things.

I don't understand why anybody would care what somebody else would call coyotes or what caliber or type firearm they used. I call them yotes sometimes.
I do t like typing and all I have is a phone to type on. I would rather shorten what I can. It has zero to do with lazy. It's called not liking to type.
If you don't like it then oh well. It drives me crazy with the "I'm smarter or like to type better than you"stuff. These forums should be fun, not full of Grammer Nazis

I was a member and hunted the same place as the coyote clods.I did like alot of the members and there was good info on the board.

I was a member back in the day too, my best take away from that site was if you didn't shoot a 17 with 25 grain Bergers, you were a 2nd class citizen.

I was a member , that takes me back aways. I loved my 17s and think that was the big draw for me. Also liked the amount of respect for coyotes.

I was never a member there, but I remember it.

Funny the things that annoy us. I always wonder why someone would call a shotgun a "shotty" or a transmission a "tranny". Sounds silly to me, but I don't get worked up about it. I also never call them "yotes" or "dogs" but I do call bobcats "cats"...........

Originally Posted By: MerditGerry Blair called coyotes many things other than coyote. Major Boddicker ( majorboddicker.com ) even named a call the Song Dog. If anyone wants to say they know more about a coyote than either of those two, they'd need some serious proof. Those two guys could tease the Coyote Dudes.

Hope none of the Coyote Gods ever called their pickup a "truck" or they should have their man card revoked.
tt2.gif

Yes ole John Henry had his way about him.

I talked with Gerry Blair on one group hunts (several Members getting together) I attended. Definitely was a knowledgeable old man, even bought his book. LOL Lots of great stories back at the campsite after those hunts. Good company also. Other guys like Blaine Eddy, Rich Higgins, and others.

I am still friends with several of the CG's, and hunt occasionally with a few. Actually was talking to Austin's dad last night, we were both members. I bought my Airedale pup from old J-H.

Sadly J-H like this place banned many very wise and excellent coyote hunters. One of the original Coyote Gods, Vic actually does the shooting in the CG instructional video, he got the boot here also. I will thank John-Henry for introducing me to many knowledgeable coyote hunters that taught me a lot, Again many of them are banned from this site also. LOL

BTW, I luv the 17's and still have a few. But I also like my "Cannon" the 223 AI.

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiOriginally Posted By: MerditGerry Blair called coyotes many things other than coyote. Major Boddicker ( majorboddicker.com ) even named a call the Song Dog. If anyone wants to say they know more about a coyote than either of those two, they'd need some serious proof. Those two guys could tease the Coyote Dudes.

tt2.gif

Yes ole John Henry had his way about him.

I talked with Gerry Blair on one group hunts (several Members getting together) I attended. Definitely was a knowledgeable old man, even bought his book. LOL Lots of great stories back at the campsite after those hunts. Good company also. Other guys like Blaine Eddy, Rich Higgins, and others.

I am still friends with several of the CG's, and hunt occasionally with a few. Actually was talking to Austin's dad last night, we were both members. I bought my Airedale pup from old J-H.

Sadly J-H like this place banned many very wise and excellent coyote hunters. One of the original Coyote Gods, Vic actually does the shooting in the CG instructional video, he got the boot here also. I will thank John-Henry for introducing me to many knowledgeable coyote hunters that taught me a lot, Again many of them are banned from this site also. LOL

BTW, I luv the 17's and still have a few. But I also like my "Cannon" the 223 AI.

What a sad day when Blaine Eddy died. I emailed back and forth with him. He was buying and testing several 17 Cal. bullet weights a friend of mine Chappie Gennett was making. His company Genco bullets pioneered a lot of great designs. I got a lot of great information from Blaine as to which design and bullet weight was working well for him.
Vic had a lot of experience and was one heck of a rifleman. I can see why he was banned.
glare.gif

It’s so cool to hear y’all talk about Blaine and his 17s. The 14 Pred too. I talk to people all the time that never knew him and they make it seem like I’m crazy. I learned so much from BE, Rich and all those guys.

I’d still give anything to have one of those 17 Athena’s. And I still use the urine mix in a spray bottle on my stands from time to time that I learned from my ole man, who learned from Rich.

BE had a couple of DVDs made, and I’ve got all of them. On gunsmithing, calibers, and putting up fur.

Last edited:
Whatever happened to Vic anyway?

And Junki will know who I’m talking about, but there was another guy involved in that ordeal LOL and I can’t seem to remember his name right now. I’m drawing a blank

Norm? Maybe?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Austin LaughlinWhatever happened to Vic anyway?

And Junki will know who I’m talking about, but there was another guy involved in that ordeal LOL and I can’t seem to remember his name right now. I’m drawing a blank

Norm? Maybe?

Was this the fella who moved out there from Indiana? That name slips my memory also. I believe he is a on Predator Masters.

Vic is still around and hunting coyotes. I talked to him just a short time ago. Will probably see him in a week or so. Norm was like the leather-man tool of the rondy's, or the Swiss army knife, hehehe. Great guy, but dissapeared.

"the fella who moved out there from Indiana"
Brent is still out there and will see him in a week or so also. I don't want to give away too much personal info about people without their permission. Though he is probably one of, or the best trappers out there. He also does some gunsmithing, did a few rifles for me. A little lightweight 20 Practical is one of my favorites. He does show up here occasionally.

Back