Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#3292524 - 01/27/22 02:39 PM Foxpro - battery pack vs disposables
price Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Northeast PA
How many of you guys use the rechargeable battery packs in your foxpro calls? Iím debating between using disposables or buying a rechargeable lithium pack

#3292527 - 01/27/22 03:10 PM Re: Foxpro - battery pack vs disposables [Re: price]
K22 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Western NC
I use rechargeable AA's in mine.

#3292528 - 01/27/22 03:11 PM Re: Foxpro - battery pack vs disposables [Re: price]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: Henderson,Nevada,USA
You'll probably get better run time with the lithium pack than disposable alkalinebatteries. You could always pick up a battery tray for emergency back up.

Average response time for a 911 call is 10 min.
Average response time for a .45acp is 900FPS.

Remember, if you're not pissing off a liberal......You are one!
Ted Nugent

#3292533 - 01/27/22 04:30 PM Re: Foxpro - battery pack vs disposables [Re: price]
AWS Offline

Loc: NM
I've used disposables alkaline batteries for years and would buy them in the one hundred pack because I didn't have charging capabilities. This past summer I bought this summer I found an eight place charger that plugs into my solar panel, I keep a spare set always charged. I'm really liking these.

I had a rechargeable battery pack once, it always seemed to be spent when I needed it and no place to recharge or took too long to charge and bought replacement multi-battery packs for it and just kept a couple ready to go in the bag.

If you have a place to charge and remember to do it a built in rechargeable pack is nice otherwise I'd go with individual battery packs and and rechargeable batteries or in a pinch disposable alkalines will work.

You can find battery holders from on to 10 batteries at Mouser Electric or Amazon..

Make mine a Minaska.

Heaven has rules and walls, He-l has open borders

#3292534 - 01/27/22 04:33 PM Re: Foxpro - battery pack vs disposables [Re: price]
AWS Offline

Loc: NM
I've used disposables alkaline batteries for years and would buy them in the one hundred pack because I didn't have charging capabilities. This past summer I bought this summer I found an eight place charger that plugs into my solar panel, I keep a spare set always charged. I'm really liking these.

I had a rechargeable battery pack once, it always seemed to be spent when I needed it and no place to recharge or took too long to charge and bought replacement multi-battery packs for it and just kept a couple ready to go in the bag.

If you have a place to charge and remember to do it a built in rechargeable pack is nice otherwise I'd go with individual battery packs and and rechargeable batteries or in a pinch disposable alkalines will work.

You can find battery holders from on to 10 batteries at Mouser Electric or Amazon.. so you can have multiple pre-loaded packs ready to go.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=aa+battery+holder&crid=21LZLWP08JWQU&sprefix=AA+battery+%2Caps%2C181&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_6_11

Make mine a Minaska.

Heaven has rules and walls, He-l has open borders

#3292537 - 01/27/22 05:10 PM Re: Foxpro - battery pack vs disposables [Re: price]
SlickerThanSnot Offline
PM senior

Loc: stuck in a fence
glad to read you have seen the light on rechargeable batteries. lol

#3292538 - 01/27/22 05:24 PM Re: Foxpro - battery pack vs disposables [Re: price]
rjh Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: hobart ind.
I use the battery pack and I can't recall every running it dead. I think it is well worth the money.

#3292552 - 01/27/22 07:44 PM Re: Foxpro - battery pack vs disposables [Re: price]
204 AR Offline
PM senior

Loc: Nebraska
I can see having some backup if you're out camping away from electricity. But if you're just going out for a day, or even two at a time, the battery pack is the way to fly imo. Even then having your battery tray loaded and ready for backup is a wise move.

#3292581 - 01/28/22 12:36 AM Re: Foxpro - battery pack vs disposables [Re: price]
parkerz Offline

Loc: Northern CA
FOXPRO Fusion internal wiring isn't indestructible! use battery pack-- come home from hunting,, plug in the charger, ready for next hunt, always carry spare batteries that are seldom used-----but super appreciated for that freak occurrence

Edited by parkerz (01/28/22 12:40 AM)

#3292687 - 01/28/22 04:58 PM Re: Foxpro - battery pack vs disposables [Re: price]
jcs271 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Montana Territory
I have used the same set of rechargeable Sanyo Eneloop AA's in mine for YEARS.

I just leave them in the Scorpion and plug it in at home. I can also use the $20 cig. lighter plug in inverter in my truck if I just want to keep it topped off. Never have fully discharged them during a day of calling but I do have 8 standard AA's in my bag just in case.

"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

#3292810 - 01/29/22 03:17 PM Re: Foxpro - battery pack vs disposables [Re: price]
Coyote-conquest Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Kentucky, US
I have a few sets of rechargeables that I use. I need to find a charger that plugs in to my Banshee instead having to take them out to charge but couldn't imagine using regular alkaline batteries

#3292863 - 01/29/22 09:30 PM Re: Foxpro - battery pack vs disposables [Re: price]
BigGrizz Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Wyoming
I have Rayovac rechargeable batteries Iíve used for years. Iím about to order some higher MaH batteries from Amazon. I can see how a pack might be nice, but I have enough recharge able batteries that Iím set.

#3292874 - 01/30/22 12:21 AM Re: Foxpro - battery pack vs disposables [Re: price]
SubpaR Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Hays, KS
I've been slowly transitioning to re-chargeable batteries. 2 years ago I my 2 youngest kids to call coyotes, got on the stand, set up the call and it wouldn't turn on, dead batteries. Since then I keep enough batteries in the backpack to run the call and the remote.

Having kids with flashlights and walkie-talkies, rechargeable batteries are probably saving me money.

#3293273 - 02/03/22 12:00 PM Re: Foxpro - battery pack vs disposables [Re: SubpaR]
Yellowhammer Offline
Retired Moderator

Loc: Huntington, Texas
I use the FoxPro rechargeable batteries and carry Duracell's in the truck as back up.

I hunted hunted all day and night using the rechargeables many time and never went dead.

"No prize is greater than the effort taken to acheive it"

- Aldo Leopold, The Father of Wildlife Management

#3293329 - 02/04/22 06:38 AM Re: Foxpro - battery pack vs disposables [Re: price]
murdoc Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Wisconsin
We get better sound less distortion on higher volumes with the fox pro battery pack

Edited by murdoc (02/04/22 06:39 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.