Baiting

LOL will do and thanks BP. He's now on antibiotics and sleeping it off this evening. The one he killed gave him a few battle wounds but nothing serious. Hopefully back to "full ridgeback speed" tomorrow.

Been a little wild around the burnsome homestead yesterday and today. Had another coyote come in tonight. She didnt quite make it out very well. 3 raccoons down during the dog fight CQB yesterday morning, and 2 coyotes in two days. That doesnt happen very often for me anyway.

Here's the early crew (fox/coon) feasting a bit. Soon thereafter they take off...

Then this transpires... a little mouse squeek for the stop and turn

Super Hogster, 60gr VMAX 223

RYHhGX1.jpg

jnKcNsw.jpg

YtXrfUG.jpg

Whack em and stack em Burn, Quite a couple days there in GA. Looks like nice weather. -35 windchills here next couple days. Just plowed my trails to my bait sites and cleared off the bait. Had to adjust sensors and shovel the area in front of them so they could detect motion. Lots of snow down here. Stay after em.

Hard to imagin hunting in that kind of weather, Bait.

A new coyote showed up at my bait a few nights ago. This one is pretty pitiful since he is missing a whole left front leg clean up to the shoulder. Kind of feel sorry for him. He has a tough way to go, hobbling along.

Nice shooting everyone. Haven't had access for a couple weeks. Contractor hit underground while digging, and haven't had internet/phone service for last 3 weeks. Haven't had any activity either. Lol

This male came in @ 1:30 am this morning. Hit him a little low, so got to do some tracking. 22-204ai did it's job again.

[img:left][/img]

Last edited:
Out early tonight and back in early. Got in the blind and set up around 6:00ish. Just before 7:00 the Red I had been keeping an eye about showed up. He came into the field but did not go to the fresh bait I had out, rather went to some old, dried deer carcasses that have been laying out there since the Ark landed. Lol! I took the shot and he ran, though I could see he was hit. I did a track job across the field and found him probably 30 yrds. from POI. I was glad to get this one off the farm as he had the mange.

2022-01-26_07-41-19 by Gobbler Getter, on Flickr

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Burnsome...Nice coyote tj. How far did you have to track it?

He made it about 150 yards down the creek. Hiding under a downed tree rootball when I found him.

It always amazes me how far they can make it. This one was plowing the whole way. Both front legs broken at top joint, and passed thru at bottom of chest. Just below the heart. If we had snow it would've been easy, but this year we haven't gotten any to speak of so far.

I have my bait sit in the end of a horseshoe pocket of pasture about 75 yds out of the creek. Disked cornfield in between. If I do get a runner they always head for the creek, lots of trees and brush piles.

It has been a long dry spell for my bait site. Last night after I returned from calling and killing a nice male, see video:

I saw this one in the field. She went immediately to my bait pile and I heart shot her at 165 yds. with the Super Yoter. It was surprising that two deer very near the coyote didn't seem to be the least bit concerned with her being so near them. I guess they can sense when it isn't safe. Anyway it was nice to have the "Meat Wagon" return. Here is the video:

And a picture as she fell in the field.

#31 by Double Up, on Flickr

Back