New scopes that have entered the market

FishnHunt9

I have not been following optics last 3-4 years but went to purchase a scope around New Years and was astonished at all the new or first I’ve heard of manufactures of optics like athlon Arken and others. How do these or some of the better of these brands compare to reputable brands? Not expecting a 500 dollar scope to outperform a 1000 dollar one but was curious some of them seem packed with features at a decent price but how much of a trade off is it?

I tried out an Arken because of all the hype online. I picked up a used SH4 gen1 4-14 FFP mil. on snipershide.com.
Mounted it on an encore pro hunter 300wm.

Clicks were positive and audible. Tracking was spot on and repeatable. . Zero stops worked great and were easy to set. Glass was descent but not great. But then again it was a 350-400 scope.

Here is the bad in my case.
While doing load development and maybe 30-40 round in, I noticed some specks on an inside lens. Didn't effect the functionality but was an annoyance.
Contacted Arken and they promptly replaced it with the same model.
20 or so rounds later, same issue. Again it was replaced no questions asked with the same model.
Replacement scope, right out of the box had 2 VERY SMALL specs.
Again the company was more than willing to replace it no questions asked.

I have asked on snipershide.com if anyone had a similar problem and none have come forward in the affirmative.

The scope has since been replaced with the SH4 gen2 6-24x50.
I haven't had time to go shoot it yet but all the pluses of the first scope seem to be there. Glass seems a bit better. Of course i haven't checked the tracking as of yet.

We all hope whatever we buy never has a problem. But it is nice to know that if it should, you need not worry about this company backing their warranty.

I just bought an OhHunt scope to put on my air rifle the other day. It's a 6-24x50 with 30mm tube, side parallax and FFP. Right out of the box I am impressed with the glass and workings of the scope. The adjustment knobs are tight with hardly any play in them. Glass is really clear (for a cheap scope) at both low and high magnification. Tracks great. So far no complaints for a scope that I paid $129.

Athlon is solid. Midas Tac grade and up are excellent for the money. I may get flamed for this but to my eye, my higher grade Athlons were hands down more crisp than Vortex Razor Gen II... Looked through three of them to compare.

I've been using an Athlon Argos 2-12 for about a year now and have no complaint, In fact bought another for a rifle I'm putting together. Hopefully I can resist putting it on one of my older rifles before all the parts arrive for the new rifle.

Back