Kirsch Chronicles 21 - Ep#25: Stacking Fur: Part 2

Kirsch

This is the continuation of the 17 coyote night posted previously. This was a strange night. At around 3:27, you will notice the image isn't nearly as good. It snowed a little during this stand and it impacted the image. It only lasted for one spot, and it cleared up.

This video begins with a quad. When I left the truck and crested the hill, I pulled out my thermal and saw 5 coyotes mousing in the valley below. I was not in a good position, so I snuck into this spot with no lights on a totally dark night. I kept my calling very minimal to start with until I had cleaned up a few, and then got aggressive to coax the last few in to shooting range. There were 5 total but one of the five had heard/seen enough and decided to get out.

Incredible footage, I liked how one snuck up on that deer. Great shooting also!

It played half speed for me, but might be something on my end.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARIncredible footage, I liked how one snuck up on that deer. Great shooting also!Thank you.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARIt played half speed for me, but might be something on my end. When the video is playing, click on the gear in the lower-right hand corner. Select Playback speed, and select Normal which should be 1x. Also, if you want to see it in much better clarity, set the video quality to HD.

Yeah I had to go to 2x on my computer to get it close, but it looks like my phone is playing it correctly so Idk what I have going on.

Well it is pretty cold in ND, so I might be going at 1/2 speed most of the time.
thumbup1.gif

Very nice as usual. Thanks for taking us along on your hunts. They are always fun to watch and an artform in themselves.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpVery nice as usual. Thanks for taking us along on your hunts. They are always fun to watch and an artform in themselves. I don't think I have ever had some call one of my videos/hunts an "artform". Thank you, and high praise considering the source and your videos.

Thank you kind Sir. That guy that goes out and drags them for you sure got a workout this night. I am sure he appreciates it when you let some gather up near the same spot, then shoot em.

Originally Posted By: weekenderThank you kind Sir. That guy that goes out and drags them for you sure got a workout this night. I am sure he appreciates it when you let some gather up near the same spot, then shoot em. "That guy" is getting pretty old. My hunting partner hasn't had the chance to go even once this year with me. I like solo, but having another dragger would be nice sometimes.

This year, I modified a hard plastic snow sled. I added a place up front to connect my drag and two sets of adjustable rope rachets to secure the coyotes on the sled. It is nothing special to look at, but it works. When I shoot a bunch, I go back to the truck and bring out the Fur Sled. I have hauled as many as 4 coyotes at a time with it. It works really well especially with a little snow on the ground.

Great video. Coyote #2 appears to have only one front leg. A few nights ago one showed up at my bait site and is missing the whole front left leg up to the shoulder. Pretty tough hobbling like that.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06Great video. Coyote #2 appears to have only one front leg. A few nights ago one showed up at my bait site and is missing the whole front left leg up to the shoulder. Pretty tough hobbling like that. You are correct. In a full winter, I usually get a few missing a leg, and then a few more with a hurt leg of some kind. The worst I ever saw was a coyote with one front leg totally missing and a back leg that was half missing. Everything was healed up, so it was nothing recent. It limped a little but could still move really well. I did get that coyote. I can see being able to get around on 3 but had never seen a coyote move with 2.5 legs. Tough animals.

Back