I feel dumb, anybody else do it?

weekender

I just drove 2.5 hours to go calling and my call bag with e-caller and mouth calls is in another vehicle back at the house. I will be glad when I grow up and have everything organized at one home. I have left stuff before so it's hopefully not Alzheimer's disease.

lO5EQUe.jpg

I have separate gear for both my MC and truck, The truck even has stretchers and portable fleshing beam.

uY94eG.jpg

What I really need to build is a skinning post for the hitch.

Last edited:
All our rigs have a Critter Call in there somewhere. And I'm a lip squeaking sum buck besides that. I'd make a day of it somehow.

I happens week. Went off one night without ammo in the gun. That didnt work out too well.

One good thing though, when stuff like that happens you usually remember to not do that again
smile.gif

Drove 45 minutes to make a couple of stands, forgot my coat. Froze my butt off, didn’t even call anything in. To stubborn to just go back home. Now I always have an extra coat in the truck.

Stop at first drive in and buy a milkshake. Ask for a couple of straws and get out yer knife. Cut off about 4", flatten one end, trim and there ya go:
51841295576_a9516159a2_n.jpg
51841296266_a87223dc0c_n.jpg

ETA: Sorry, can't help you on the coat.
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Friday morning make a set move down road a mile or so ,son asks do you have the call,I said no do you?So I drive back to last set and get caller out of a tree and proceed!

I don't feel as bad as I did now that I know I'm not the only one. I still feel bad though. I had some bait so I spread it 150 yds down a power line where my wife's food plot was. We get pics of coyotes about three times a week on a camera there. I had one come in about 8pm but he come from the wrong side and winded me. He was close enough so I could hear him walking but there was a large cedar tree between us. He said some things that I don't think were complimentary and left.
Tomorrow is another day. Good news is a got some hogs pics on a cell cam a couple hours away and I think I will switch gears and try for pork.

After bagging a coyote, i drug the dead coyote back to the truck and headed to the next set not knowing i walked right by the call and left it in the field. My only excuse is that i was night hunting and did not see the call as i walked by.

I feel for you, that's a long drive for that kind of disappointment. I did forget my lunch once when headed out early for deer hunting. That sucked but I shot a couple deer and made it back for lunch lol.

Shot a bobcat this week on Tuesday and didn't hunt again until today (Friday). Usually leave all my gear (except rifle) in the truck to avoid problems mentioned above. First set up today, where's my bipod? Best I can remember I must not have picked it up after Tuesday's hunt. Drive back to that spot, follow my tracks in the snow expecting (hoping) to find my bipod back at the Cat shooting spot. Before I get all the way back there, I spot the bipod on the ground. It must have fallen out of my hunting vest when I set the cat down to take a breather. Time to start taking those Ginko pills for memory enhancement.

Back