AGM Rattler firmware issue

swokshooter

I am a longtime lurker and follower on the forum. I read about the triumphs and tribulations that you guys have, and visit the site often. I figured I would grab this opportunity to add my 2 cents on a subject that some of you guys may encounter.

This is to let you guys know about the customer service I’ve experienced with AGM the last few weeks while dealing with a firmware issue. About a month and a half ago, I bought a Rattler TS25-384. I had been saving for quite some time and came upon a deal I couldn’t refuse. I used it twice before noticing a few small issues in the firmware that I was curious about. When is checked on their website, I found that there was indeed an update available for my scopes firmware. I encountered issues almost immediately when attempting the firmware update. The instructions on their site were a bit unclear to me, and I didn’t execute the procedure correctly. After a couple emails, I spoke with a lady named Alyssa who walked me through the process clearly and I was able to update the scopes firmware. Boom….. my first real issue. With the new firmware update, my reticles disappeared in the scope. I no longer had a means to aim, so by scope was useless as a weapon sight. I contacted them several times over the course of the next week and went back and forth about them correcting the firmware and I waited for the new update to drop. As I watched the website, the firmware version never changed…. But they had indeed changed the firmware. I just couldn’t tell. When I figured it out that the new version had dropped, I seized that opportunity to really foul up the firmware installation in my scope. Lol

Todd from their customer support called me yesterday when he returned from shotshow, and gave me several things to try, while assuring me that if our attempts were unsucccessful, they would 100% stand behind their product and fix or replace it. I attempted the troubleshooting tips that he suggested and didn’t have any luck, so I was preparing to send it in for repair when my phone rang today. It was Todd again from AGM, and he told me that he and Alyssa had figured out what was wrong with my scope and told me how to fix it over the phone. 30 minutes later, my thermal is working correctly again.

You know, I’m often guilty of being the first to complain when things go bad, so I think it’s only appropriate to brag on a company when they take care of a tough issue for me. They were patient, attentive, and careful to guide me through the process in a way that I could easily understand.

Hats off to AGM and their customer service team.

The update on the website is good. The key is updating the scope correctly, and their instructions aren’t great. There are actually 3 files that must be saved to the scope, one at a time.

This video explains it well.

Last edited:

I have had three separate conversations with Todd pertaining to my Ratler 25. One phone call from me was just to make recommendations on how the scope might be improved and to relay my good impressions so far. The other two calls were just for guidance into sighting, retrieving video files and overall use. Todd was out of the office one time and a lady took my message. Todd returned my call later that evening and we had a very good and somewhat lengthy conversation about the scope and company. He never once seemed disinterested or rushed me off the phone, but seemed genuinely concerned about helping. At this point I have very positive thoughts of AGM.

One suggestion I made to improve the scope is to have a black crosshair, and the reticle with a center dot needs to have a bolder dot. My scope only has 3 color choices for reticles - white, red and green. So, I am wondering if the new firmware update has a black reticle?

Originally Posted By: swokshooterIt does have black

Great. I assume it keeps the other colors too. How long has this update been available? What other changes are you aware of?

Now, I am somewhat nervous about installing the new firmware since the scope is working so well right now, but I do want the black reticle.

Since reticles were mentioned...my rattler 25 will "remember" my reticle choice each time I turn it on, but it defaults back to a white reticle even though the menu shows that green was selected at time of shut down. I have to manually re-select green if that is the color I want. Any idea if the update corrects this or any other insight? Thanks in advance.

The reticle color selection is corrected. I know that’s fixed with this update. There is now black, white, red and green for choices, and your reticle color stays now after power downs.

Last edited:
6mm06 The update was around the first of the year, 1/5 or so. I installed it last night, you also get date and time displayed if you want. I write down my reticle settings before updating but they normally stay. I will perform a restore after updating the software. If you have any questions send me a message.

Thanks. I appreciate that. My son will have to do it. I don’t have the understanding to do it and surely don’t want to mess it up.

Back