Healthy Female Coyote Down

fratri

I got to the farm and was setup by 4:50 pm.. It was a crunchy loud walk in so I got all settled in and waited. No bush-line for me to hide in so I just sat in the middle of the field that had a high side so I wasn't silhouetted.. I waited about 15 minutes for things to settle down before I started to call.
I turned on my e-caller and decoy then I sent out a few dying rabbit sounds using my mouth calls. I waited a few minutes then started up my ecaller on a soft dying rabbit sound. After about 5-6 minutes of calling, rotating between my mouth calls and ecaller this female coyote appears on the edge of the bush.
She sits and waits (checking out the situation I guess).... After a few seconds she enters the field and begins walking to my right.... She seemed nervous so I only let her come in about 20 yds from the bush-line before I yelled out a WOLF sound to get her to stop. It was about a 150 yd shot. She spun a few times squirting out blood like crazy.

If blood bothers you, don't activate the following link..... https://flic.kr/p/2mYjyBb

The view
51833552390_953db8b6bf_b.jpg

The pose
51832929843_0ed47a04f9_c.jpg

All skinned out
51831878282_ca621d62d0_c.jpg

Back