Super yoter issues

Good question. If I thought a new one would hold poi that would be a good option but I have no faith in their products holding poi from what I've seen. Took 6 Pulsar units to get one that holds poi and I don't understand the inner workings myself so what does a guy do? They are gonna blame it on everything but their product. I would be thrilled if the issues was on my end but I'm 110% sure it isn't or I wouldnt be posting this for fear of misleading people who are researching these units.

There seems to be some members here who are having better luck than we are but I consider our units unreliable. They shift as bad as my original Trail xp 50's.

You will hear chatter about only shooting at night and certain targets etc. because not shooting at night or certain targets will cause "odd" or "weird" poi shift. Poi shift is poi shift and the only shoot at night theory is a way user justifies an issue. Just my opinion, and I used to say the same things on this site so after enough headaches maybe others might not dismiss those issues next time.

Last edited:
Shot mine yesterday. Inch lower than previous zero on first two shots using the pip on 3x. I did not adjust anything. Shot 4 more total using main screen crosshairs on 3x and it was dead on, exactly where I had it zeroed previously. I don’t know what to think of that. I’m not happy with that but so far I have only experienced maybe an inch of shift. Sometimes it was left to right and sometimes it was vertical. So far it has not been as bad as my the trails I owned. I can deal with that till season ends.

I should add that it was previously zeroed using the pip on 3x.

Do you guys use the pip or main crosshairs to zero? I’m all ears and open to any ideas if someone thinks I should be doing something different.

Last edited:
Having dealt with half a dozen scopes that shifted and considering endless variables trying to figure them out then finally getting two that hold, I agree 223. If the scope holds, it holds end of story. Day, night, warm or cold they hold. If your having to shoot in certain conditions your compensating for a shift. I wouldn't feel confident saying that without owning a couple that hold and shooting them a ton. Really hope this gets resolved.

Last edited:
Personally, I think you should ask for a full refund V223 and move on. Pretty obvious you'll never be satisfied with Bering Optics in the present iterations. Hopefully the new Pulsar you have will serve you well, and you seem to really like this one.

Yes, but I haven't removed mine to see if it would return to zero when remounting. It is still shooting right where it was.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpPersonally, I think you should ask for a full refund V223 and move on. Pretty obvious you'll never be satisfied with Bering Optics in the present iterations. Hopefully the new Pulsar you have will serve you well, and you seem to really like this one.

DU, I really want to like the Yoter but the proof is in the pudding. Wayyyy too much money for these kind of issues. I hope you guys scopes hang in there but if they can make one that doesn't shift why does the next???? The ammont of time and ammo I've blown fighting these issues is rediculous.

I had to make two base power vertical adjustments for a total of 1.5" with my Trail 2. It's been solid from 60 degrees down to teens. I was shooting Dogtown 70 grain factory ammo from Midway. It would shoot high groups and low groups with those loads which imo necessitated one of the clicks down. I pulled a few after jamming and there was as much as 2.5 grains of powder difference in those 3 rounds. Ejection patter varied and occasionally there wasn't even enough gas to get the gun to cycle after installing an adjustable gb. Looked like imr4895 in the Dogtown and the velocity matched the weight so I loaded some and they shot into the high groups. That prompted the second of 2 clicks down. Im so thrilled with it I'm about back to full blown Pulsar fanboy! Amazing how much ammo one saves when you hit every critter you shoot at and very little poi testing is required. Not to mention the huge confidence gain.

Last edited:
I have not taken mine off since I zeroed it. I figured that would just add another variable
Glad yours is holding up. I know that you would not tolerate a poi shift at some of the distances that you guys shoot.

Last edited:
V223, I don't blame you one bit, and as I said, I think you should get your refund and be happy with a Pulsar that really satisfies you. My hunting partner shoots the Thermion XP50 and hasn't made any adjustment in zero that I can remember in going on two years. I don't think I ever moved either of my Apex scopes over one click once I figured out not to sight them in with bright sunshine. I still haven't figured that one out unless the bright sunlight somehow distorted the image to always shoot high about 3 inches. Anyway, good hunting to you and keep the videos coming. Have you hunted any with your new Pulsar on white hot?

Toro, I'm getting to the point where I need to clean my rifle and suppressor again, but I don't have to take the scope off to do either of those. I'm going to have to take it off at some point just to satisfy my mind, but it will probably be later in the spring. Hopefully it will shoot right back to the same POI when re-installed. Right now, like you, I don't want to take a chance on fooling around with it.

If Bering will refund my money I would be thrilled to do that but I'm not sure how that works. The whole reason I jumped on the Bering wagon was because everyone raved about their accuracy potential. I guess I will chat with my dealer and contact Bearing. Blows my mind they apart can't even test the units. Other options is to just sell it outright. I'm gonna shoot it in the dark warm and cold before I completely write it off. I dont give up easy.

Last edited:
If I get time tomorrow, I’m gonna put mine on a sled, dead on target and run video. Should show if there’s shift. Correct?

You may have said, but is this an upper you've had a while, proven track record with other optics?

I'd be tempted to swap uppers between the pulsar that you trust and the sy. That should tell the tale pretty fast, but again it's a bunch of more hard to find ammo.

The upper is a bca sidecharge with a varmint contour 12 twist WOA 22 nosler barrel and the ammo is what I load and has always been good for 5 under 1" in 3 different woa uppers. The problem isn't group size it's group shift. I almost put the yoter on one of my 6x6.8 uppers but I wanted to know if the replacement acted different then the first. These WOA barrel have been the easiest to load for and they tend to shoot everything well. All of my rifles have loads tailored just for them with powders that tend to not be temp sensitive and if they won't consistently put 5 at or under 1" I won't hunt with them. I'm absolutely certain the issues is in the optics. I couldn't shoot that bad if I wanted too . Ive seen half inch shift with day optics before but these 2.5" shift are beyond what I think thermal expansion rates of materials will cause. Poi seemed to not change with ammo temp. Original zero and the groups that shifted high were all shot around 20 degrees plus or minus maybe 8 degrees from what I can recall.

The trail shifts were temp related. I can't put my finger on the yoter. Saturday it tended to shoot high at the temp I zeroed it and back close to original zero after warming up. I guess the retical is shifting after a nuc. Awful hard to diagnose when you know nothing about about how the units work.

It's hard to believe 3 of us have the same exact issues and it isn't the optics at fault.

Last edited:
I appreciate you guys speaking on this subject for those of us that don’t own these YET ! I have been trying to keep up with all the changes in our predator industry. For many of us this might be a 1 time purchase, so we all want the best our money can buy.

I also follow Bering & Pulsar on Facebook. I have been seeing numerous issues on Bering scopes, so I’m happy to see some of them being discussed here too ! Many of us saw the issues Pulsar worked through in years past. There were numerous discussions on them here at that time.

Korey is extremely knowledgeable on thermals for sure as I see him sharing his knowledge with guys on Facebook too. Thanks Korey !!

I still want to see and hear the good, the bad about all of this equipment as that is how we can make our best decision as where to spend our savings ! So keep sharing guys !!
Thanks to all that post !

Scope was basically dead on tonight in the dark. It had been slightly favoring the right side of the 1" ish foil square so I gave it one base power click and it put one absolute dead center in the foil. I'm gonna move forward with only testing in the dark. I will test it warm and cold tomorrow evening and post the results.

Last edited:
Well I'm afraid it isn't.
I just shot 2 with everything warm out of the house that were about .75" to the right.
I let things cool down on the bench for 15 min. (19 degrees here) and shot 2 more that were 1.5" higher but less right and pretty centered.

The first 2 shots were 1.5"ish inch apart vertically and the second 2 were maybe an inch apart vertically for a total of 2.5" or more spread. Kinda funny the group shifted vertically and my groups suffered vertically as well. I see a reoccurring theme of vertical shift.

Last edited:
Back