Best place to get good tanning done...?

gunsbam45

Finally got some action on the 3rd set with the new to me e caller. By chance a friend who's never got to go hunting with me before was able to make it early this morning so I took him to make a cat set last place I've seen tracks lately. Played the rabbit low was on the 3rd or 4th diff rabbit switchin it up every few minutes but a big male coyote came over a pond dam to our right almost ran over us never smelled us or saw us almost arms reach. Started to bust him almost point blank with the 648 once he was past me just a bit but he dropped and ran a cut ended up spooking out tough set up best we could do in that area. Then another came over the dam drilled her when she turned to leave then a 3rd came to have a look never took his eyes off me til he was out of sight headed for our wind didn't care wasn't there for them. Stayed another 30 mins trying for the cat had another blow in from the north but no shot in the brush time I saw him. Coyote killed today is small, but it's nice light colored one with a black tip on the tail. Considering getting it tanned to hang on the wall since it's my first blood draw with an e-call and my friend and I got something the first time we were able to hunt together. Been a long time since I had anything tanned or mounted my old taxidermist is old and retired now. Is there a good, trustworthy place out there a guy can just skin one out, salt pack it and ship it to get tanned right these days?

Try Promise Land Tannery. It's been a few years but I have used them in the past and they did good work and were reasonably priced. Phone # is 509-422-3814. I sent them a # of fox pelts. I just skinned them out, rolled them up in a zip lock bag, froze and then shipped them. Good luck.

smile.gif
Read the heading, thought this was going to be spa thread.
smile.gif

I've used Moyles for years, in fact prepping a bout 15-20 right now to go. They need to be fleshed and stretched, I don't bother turning them just leave the leather out. They've done nice work for me, they have garment tanning and taxidermy tanning.

https://moyle.net/forms#content

I just read their prep instructions and they accept fleshed and salted.

Last edited:
Back