Not a fan of Ritch's Precision Guns

You can only blame Covid for so long. If you cannot cut it then you need to pack it in and close your business and sale Insurance. It’s very very simple. MD

It doesn't matter what kind of business or what kind of problem. If you can't or don't communicate with your clients, it's on you. These guys aren't on here complaining because they are aholes. They are on here complaining because they are frustrated with terrible service.

I just bought/received a Ritch barrel (ar10 243) and it shoots great !

There wasn't much communication, but I received my barrel 2 weeks early ...

Fit and finish looks good, exactly what I ordered

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pyscodogLots of companies aren't communicating with customers right now. You can't work if your on the phone or computer.

I wasn't 'complaining', just stating my experience

Buck13 that's good to hear you had a good barrel and on time, as of late though there's been several issues with quality and customer service that has fallen WAY short for people.

Good luck with your new build and kill lots of coyotes!

Originally Posted By: pyscodogLots of companies aren't communicating with customers right now. You can't work if your on the phone or computer.

Poor excuse in my opinion. In this day and age, it's never been easier to communicate. Access to the world is sitting in everyone's front or back pocket.

Customer service and communication should be right at the top of every business' mission statement.

I hope this is exaggerated, I haven’t used Ritch’s Precision in a while mainly because the last few builds aren’t barrels that he carries or carried at the time when I built them but I used a black hole weaponry barrel I purchased through Ritch probably 5-6 years ago and spent 45 minutes on the phone with Ritch having a great conversation about builds reloading and his barrels so I hope this is overblown I had a great experience using him then.

Originally Posted By: IndyoteOriginally Posted By: pyscodogLots of companies aren't communicating with customers right now. You can't work if your on the phone or computer.

Poor excuse in my opinion. In this day and age, it's never been easier to communicate. Access to the world is sitting in everyone's front or back pocket.

Customer service and communication should be right at the top of every business' mission statement.

Might be a poor excuse but seems that's the way it is. My last two orders that I placed and I got no order conformation or tracking numbers but both orders showed up and on time. I did call on one of the orders and the guy told me it had shipped. Wasn't overly friendly either but I wanted the parts not a new friend so it worked out.

I guess everyone’s experiences and expectations are different. I’ve bought 2 barrels from Ritch now one in 6x6.8 and one 243lbc. Neither one of them showed up in 6-8 weeks but that didn’t bother me at all since I was in no hurry. It also didn’t offend me when Ritch failed to call me every afternoon to give me an update on the status of those barrels, Which probably would’ve sounded something like “I haven’t heard anything about your barrel yet and I don’t know when I will” what’s the point of those updates? I can say that he answered the phone an gave me honest answers every time I called to check and sometimes his answers were that he didn’t know for sure when it would show up but he’d get it to me as soon as he could. That’s all he can do in my opinion. Maybe being in the construction business has got me used to waiting on stuff and not know when it will show up right now. But I will say that when you ask Ritch or Greg for help they will give you all the info and help they can. Ritch’s customer service to help you learn to get that gun to shoot the best it can is second to none in my opinion and the barrels I’ve received were both top notch. To be fair I haven’t bought barrels from anyone else but I know when I get the notion to buy another I’ll check with Ritch first.

These guys like need to learn that communication goes along way with people. If you let me know where or why there is a delay I will be understanding to a point. But months late I’m out and not communicating I’d be demanding my money back.

Back