Can I put a suppressor on a Tikka T3x lite?

Erie660

I have a 22-250 Tikka T3x lite stainless with a 22 in barrel. I’ve been reading about barrel thickness and I’m wondering how it will affect this gun. Any recommendations on a certain suppressor? I’ve only looked at SilencerCo so far. Thanks

I have some advice. 22 cal should have a thread pitch of 1/2x28. (1/2 = .500). What you are asking about is the muzzle diameter.

Use calipers to measure the muzzle diameter. Some suppressors require a minimum muzzle diameter. You can then select your suppressor based on its requirements for muzzle diameter. I would assume that a Tikka Lite may be a thinner barrel at the muzzle which may become an issue. Is it threaded for suppressor use?

dMrYCavl.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TonesterI have some advice. 22 cal should have a thread pitch of 1/2x28. (1/2 = .500). What you are asking about is the muzzle diameter.

Use calipers to measure the muzzle diameter. Some suppressors require a minimum muzzle diameter. You can then select your suppressor based on its requirements for muzzle diameter. I would assume that a Tikka Lite may be a thinner barrel at the muzzle which may become an issue. Is it threaded for suppressor use?

dMrYCavl.jpg

No, it is not threaded. I measured the end of the muzzle and it measured 0.632 and the barrel is 22 inches. It measured 0.636 at 21” and 0.645 at 20 inches if that means anything. I decided on the Banish 223 suppressor from Silencer central and that’s 1/2x28 threads. Thanks

I would look into the cost of having a gunsmith remove the barrel, thread it, and properly reinstall.

Compare that cost to a complete re-barrel with a custom barrel. Depending on who you use, it could wind up the same price (worth looking into).

TC

My gunsmith threaded 5/8-24 on my 223 and 22-250 sporter barrel Tikka rifles,not much shoulder but it worked.Did not have to pull barrel from action to get it done on his Grizzly Lathe.one is 20 inch compact the other is 22 and some change.Barely had enough meat on barrels to get it done

I was going to say I've had a bunch done without pulling the barrel, with the right lathe. Also sounds like plenty of barrel diameter to get it done. I have 5/8" threads cut on a Shilen 270 Wby barrel and there wasn't much shoulder but there's enough.

I have a Tikka T3x Lite .243, and have a Thunder Beast Ultra 7 on it. I was advised that the .243 barrel diameter is not large enough for direct thread, so I sent the barrel in to Thunder Beast for a face mount installation to accommodate my CB mount Ultra. No regrets, and no problems with it ever working loose.

Back