The SY has arrived in Italy (in the Infiray SCH50 version)

Ernest49

Yesterday I was finally able to try Kirsch's Super Yoter, in the Infiray Saim SCH50 version. Guys I have to tell you that all of you are right to love him! I didn't think it was so small, so light, so compact, so powerful! I fell in love with it immediately and bought it at the discounted price of € 3350. It really looks very good. There is a lot of technology and a lot of quality in a small volume. I was able to activate the reticles, but unfortunately I still haven't figured out how to move the reticle to the POI for 100 yard calibration.

nQhIHBY.jpg

From above in this order: Geni GL35R - Finder FH35R -Saim SCH50

DLzuiyJ.jpg

QpaoIpS.jpg

jK2yYzW.jpg

pleOmHw.jpg

2.91X

macXgIz.jpg

5.82X

FoZuery.jpg

8.73X

iFcZ1nf.jpg

11.64X

...the 3 antennas are at a distance of approximately 7.5 miles

Last edited:
69htET2.jpg

With the supplied base, I can't install it further back. The base is already out of the sled for a quarter of its length. The focus ring barely touches the base ... and this is not a good thing ... With this configuration I find it very hard to rest my eye on the rubber bellows ... perhaps because my neck is too short. What do you recommend guys?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ernest49 With this configuration I find it very hard to rest my eye on the rubber bellows ... perhaps because my neck is too short. What do you recommend guys? This is the dilemma for mounting compact thermals on more traditional style guns. If you want to stick with scope, there are only 3 options I am aware of.

1) Get a different extended picatinny rail for your gun.

2) Add a riser, which is going to make the height even higher and make it more difficult to get a good cheek position.

3) Send it to Bering to get a longer mount installed for more traditional bolt guns.

I wish I had better answers, but this is what I am aware of unless someone else has some ideas?

... surely the best solution seems to be number 3. Also because my Infiray Saim SCH50 is perfectly identical to the Bering Optics Super Yoter. The problem is that I don't know if Bering Optis or Night Goggles can ship a longer cantilever base (maybe even quick release ...) to Italy, to correctly install my device on the Benelli Argo Amzonia Green 308 caliber semi-automatic rifle, which you see in the picture.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ernest49... surely the best solution seems to be number 3. Also because my Infiray Saim SCH50 is perfectly identical to the Bering Optics Super Yoter. The problem is that I don't know if Bering Optis or Night Goggles can ship a longer cantilever base (maybe even quick release ...) to Italy, to correctly install my device on the Benelli Argo Amzonia Green 308 caliber semi-automatic rifle, which you see in the picture. I forgot it was a Infiray and not a Super Yoter. I realize their mounting is most likely the same. Whoever you bought it from, I would see if they can get something from infiRay that is similar.

url]

url]

I had to split the video to be able to upload it to Imgur. This was the first and only night hunting trip with your wonderful Saim SCH50 (= Super Yoter) thermal device. My companion, a Croatian gamekeeper, had seen the fox with the Infiray Finder FH35R scanner. With the rangefinder he had measured the fox's distance at about 350 yards. But do you think, guys, looking at a still image, was the distance correct? It looks so small to me ... (at 3X base magnification). Unfortunately, looking with the eyepiece, I was unable to see it and frame it with the reticle. I missed your experience. The fox was all to the left and partially hidden behind the vineyard. I only saw it when I downloaded the video to my smartphone ...

Last edited:
It is hard to tell distances on video but a fox at 350 yards would be fairly small on base magnification. A coyote is larger than a fox and is very small at 350 yards at 3x power.

Thanks Korey for your clarification. I honestly think that if I had managed to see it too and frame it with the reticle, it would have been a practically impossible shot ... Fortunately, that same night, I was able to shoot this hog that weighed about 120 lbs ... The funny thing is that I thought I shot at 70-80 yards, but the gamekeeper measured 150 yards with the rangefinder. It is really difficult, for those with no experience like me, to evaluate the distances through the eyepiece of the thermal device ...
Unfortunately I was unable to start the video recording. As soon as I saw it I had to shoot fast because it was moving ...
KZIx1wW.jpg

Last edited:
Good shooting Ernest. Yes, judging distances can be difficult especially at night. When shooting at animals of different sizes, it makes it even more difficult. A 120lb hog is a much larger animal than a 10lb fox. I would also agree shooting a fox sized animal at base magnification at over 300 yards would be a very, very difficult shot on base magnification.

In the afternoon I was satisfied with finding zeroing at 50 meters (55 yards). The first 4 shots with 147 grain shooting cartridges, the last 3 holes on the hot center with the Hornady Superformance 150 grain sst. The last shot was the one in the center and so I stopped. With this setting, the gamekeeper told me that at 150 yards the shot could go up to 2 inches above. In fact I hit the hog right to the limit on the upper back ....
AGeovre.jpg

Last edited:
Back