#18 white sow

Yellowhammer

Staff member
Hogs are starting to come back to feeders a little bit in the day time according to my game cameras. I was watching a young buck this morning for about 30 minutes at the feeder when he threw his head up and high tailed it, so I knew the hogs were coming. A few seconds later 7 boars and sows popped out. This white one was first and about the biggest of the sows.

I pulled down on here with the 6.5 and she dropped in her tracks. I sat another 30 minutes, but nothing showed up and since it was only 50 degrees I decided I better take care of her. I called a buddy who had said he wanted some pan sausage and he met me at the house to get it (he showed up just after I got it skinned). I did a girth measurement which means 130 pounds live. I weighted her on digital scale and she was 127 pounds. She was pregnant with 5 hand size pigs. My experience with the girth tape method is that he overestimates weight unless you pull it pretty tight. The fact she was pregnant may have made her closer to the estimate.

51768718372_af842c0c7b_c_d.jpg

Last edited:
We get all colors here. Black, brown, gray, yellow, white, spotted, long hair, short hair, razor back, you name it.

More black than anything, but plenty of other colors.

Back