Is the heyday of cool rounds over?

I shoot 29.5 grains of AR Comp out of my 243 LBC and 29.7 out of my 6x6.8 both with 70s. The 6x6.8 is 3270 ish. I'd guess the LBC is 3240 or 3250???

Last edited:
Hey Jon, AR10s can be built light, my buddy built a 243 AR10, 22"Proof CF barrel, SLR upper, lower and 15" handguard. It weighs 8lb 5oz bare, and shoots outstanding. I'll probably clone it next year.

Originally Posted By: Kino MHey Jon, AR10s can be built light, my buddy built a 243 AR10, 22"Proof CF barrel, SLR upper, lower and 15" handguard. It weighs 8lb 5oz bare, and shoots outstanding. I'll probably clone it next year.

Wow, thats impressive. That Proof barrel definitely helped. I will look into that. Thanks again

Jon

I just finished My AR15 6mm Arc and its printing .48 groups with the 105 Hornady black. I just loaded up 25 58gr V Max last night with Benchmark. Now off to the range and see what they do.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Coyote-conquestIf I remember correctly, my 6x6.8 averages around 100fps faster than my ARC through all weights I've tried up through 90 gr and sometimes more. Both are 20".

That amounts to almost no downrange difference and definitely not worth the trouble of dealing with the trouble I went/am going through the 6x6.8 I got from Ritch's Precision.

The problem with the 6 ARC is not the cartridge. The problem is the chambers and twist rates. They are throated and twisted for long heavy bullets that have a lousy trajectory with the shrunken case capacity.
Stick a 55 to 70 grain bullet in it with a 9 or 10 twist and throat it so lighter bullets can touch the lands at mag length and then you've got a varmint hunting cartridge. However, for a reloader that's called a 243 LBC except the LBC kept the case capacity.
The 6 ARC fills a low velocity long range niche lol....or did that niche not exist???

Last edited:
Back