Super hogster vs iray bravo

Jddieselfarmer

I think I might have it nailed down to one of these.
They both seem fairly comparable, I just didn't know if there was any reason to shell out the extra for the iray?
I know the iray has 1 year extra warranty and the magnetic connector. Neither of those seem worth the extra. Maybe I'm missing something?
Also, there seems to be tons of people selling these, I need a recommendation on a reputable seller. I have been hosed before purchasing online and don't want to go through the fight.
I'm in fairly open country, native grass and crop ground. Will be mounting it on my 16in ar.
Thanks

Night Goggles is a sponsor on Predator Masters and provides a PM discount. As for iRay Bravo over Hogster, they both share the iRay Sensor, so it is a pretty good apples to apples comparison. I put together this chart in the past for some PM Members:

bering_iray_comp.jpg

Night Goggles doesn't carry the iRay product line at this time. Before iRayUSA, the warranty was only 3 years and there was no service option. By starting iRayUSA, their products are more attractive than they were in the past.

There are actually two different iRay Rico 384s. Based on your description, it sounds like you are comparing the Bravo. You are correct in your main comparison differences between the Super Hogster and the Bravo. I am personally not a fan of magnetic connectors, but I haven't tried this new Bravo one. Bering is currently out of their Tactical QD mount, so Night Goggles has been swapping the LaRue (more expensive) QD mount for no additional charge.

I do apologize as I pulled this image from a previous time when I had written up this information. MAP pricing for the Super Hogster is now 3,245. So that information is incorrect on this chart. As for the discount, for predator masters members, I will send you a PM with that info.

If I was choosing between the 2 scopes being they are so close spec wise minus Iray having 1 more year of warranty. I would try contacting costumer service and see who responds first. Thats what will count and be the biggest difference during ownership.

Last edited:
My experience with Bering was top notch. Had a temp issue with an early SH lense. Sent an email and got a call back. Sent it in and had it back in a week with the same zero

Back