Who Remembers

K22

the now gone website, Coyote Gods? Were any of you a member besides me? Some of those former members started another website which I think is gone also and for some reason I can't think of the name of that one.
I guess I'm feeling nostalgic today.
smile.gif

yep, i was a member there also. i liked that board and its members. you would not be there long if called a coyote a dog on that board. i had heard old jh became a politician of some sort and moved somewhere. florida maybe?

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotyep, i was a member there also. i liked that board and its members. you would not be there long if called a coyote a dog on that board. i had heard old jh became a politician of some sort and moved somewhere. florida maybe?

Or any other slang Coyote word. LOL
Didn't he go to Ohio? I remember he was well educated which seemed a bit out of sorts with his love of Coyote hunting.

My ole man was! I remember the rhondy! Haven’t heard from JH since I was pretty young. I still get to talk to a few guys here and there though! Jason Thee from Nebraska and I hunt together! I wish that could’ve kept going... I missed out on the ditch panthers!

I do remember coyotegods.com well and their love for the .17. As for slang names for coyotes, I have never liked when people use them either. For me, it just gives "anti's" more ammunition to use against coyote hunters.

Originally Posted By: KirschAs for slang names for coyotes, I have never liked when people use them either.

i am in that camp myself. when i read somebody call a coyote something other than a coyote, i am pretty much done reading whatever else that somebody has to say.

I was also a member of the Coyote Gods site. That is actually what lead me to the Shade Tree, which morphed in to Predator Masters later. Being an old curmudgeon, I dislike the slang "dogs" or "yote" when referring to coyotes. Yeah, I know that is nitpicky but to me it just seems lazy on the posters part. I feel the same about all the shortcuts when texting and typing a response or post on the Internet. Like I said... curmudgeon.

Ex-member here also. Dogs, Yotes, Tree Rats, Ditch Parrots, Speed goats etc. Kind of rankle me. Somehow things get shortened to the point of unrecognizable, saw someone was shooting a 257 Bee and though Oh Boy someone necked up the 218 Bee to .257 and it sounded interesting and he was just too lazy to write Weatherby. Same with killing stuff with a 250 and I get interested in someone shooting a 250-3000 and am again disappointed that it's someone that was too lazy to write 22-250 or just wanted to sound cool. I felt at home at Coyote God's. Old fart coming out in me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KirschI do remember coyotegods.com well and their love for the .17. As for slang names for coyotes, I have never liked when people use them either. For me, it just gives "anti's" more ammunition to use against coyote hunters.

+1 I dislike the word {yotes}, when I read it I click off.

I was. But JH gave me the boot. I don't think I was ever actually banned, but not sure either, I never went back and tried to post after my last conversation with JH. Just remember the last thing he ever said to me was, "red mist azz holes aren't welcome here".
laugh.gif
Ah, the good old days!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Same here on, coyote. I'm even worse, as it bothers me to hear it pronounced with a T sound on the end.

- DAA

I am not a slang user either. I caught myself getting lazy and calling Bobcats Cats and reprimand myself.
I suppose some think it is cool to say yote instead of Coyote.

It was the strong following of the 17 Rem. that lured me to that website. I bought my first one in 1971 and it has been a love affair ever since. Enough so that I rebarreled a Kimber Montana 204 to a 17 Rem.
Some have reprimanded me for calling the 17 Remington magical, but I don't care because it is magical how that little bitty bullet slays those Goliaths with authority.
thumbup1.gif

Never heard of it. Sounds too communist to me. Telling people what to say and whatnot. That ain't for me. I say what I want,kill coyotes how I want,etc and really don't care how people feel about it. But that's just me. If you call them dogs,yotes,song dogs,pasture poodles,coyoties or coyotes so be it. I know what animal you're talking about. It's really not that hard to figure out. The day I start worrying about what lingo others use will be a good day. Because I'll have very few things to worry about.

I also don't care if you shoot coyotes and leave them laying where they got shot. Because I'm not you and you're not me. And it's not my day to babysit you. In other words do and say whatever you want and don't worry about it. And I'll do the same.

Last edited:
It is out of respect that I call them by their given name, same as I do with people.
There are a tremendous amount of websites now that will not let you say want you want, in fact, I can only think of one website that I am aware of that will. Given the parameters quoted that particular website must be the only non-communist site on the Internet.

Originally Posted By: K22 I can only think of one website that I am aware of that will. Given the parameters quoted that particular website must be the only non-communist site on the Internet.

which one would that be?

Originally Posted By: K22It is out of respect that I call them by their given name, same as I do with people.
There are a tremendous amount of websites now that will not let you say want you want, in fact, I can only think of one website that I am aware of that will. Given the parameters quoted that particular website must be the only non-communist site on the Internet.

I knew respect is the reason behind it. Which kind of escapes my thinking as well. They don't understand English. Respecting them would be letting them live their lives yet we shoot them. I respect their will to survive and their cunning ways. I respect them enough to give them the quickest death possible when I shoot one. But I don't take it to the extreme that I care what other people call them. They're not people, technically they are dogs. They're K9's. So calling them a dog technically isn't wrong. A lion is a cat. A big cat, but it's still a cat. Same as a bobcat. It's a glorified feral cat. Respect ain't got anything to do with it in that regard. It's just the way it is.

Originally Posted By: OKRattlerNever heard of it. Sounds too communist to me. Telling people what to say and whatnot. That ain't for me. I say what I want,kill coyotes how I want,etc and really don't care how people feel about it. But that's just me. If you call them dogs,yotes,song dogs,pasture poodles,coyoties or coyotes so be it. I know what animal you're talking about. It's really not that hard to figure out. The day I start worrying about what lingo others use will be a good day. Because I'll have very few things to worry about.

I also don't care if you shoot coyotes and leave them laying where they got shot. Because I'm not you and you're not me. And it's not my day to babysit you. In other words do and say whatever you want and don't worry about it. And I'll do the same.

Same here

Back