Fox pro X1 experience

horsedr

I’m thinking about buying an X1. Does anybody on here want to share their experiences with them? Is it really worth another 100 to get the X24? I just hunt coyotes and have killed my share with my old Firestorm but have the bug for a new one. How does everybody like the X1 remote?? Thanks!

If its a TX1000 it SUCKS!! Mine has a range of about 50 yards max on average and Foxpro really needs to figure out their remote range instead of designing multiple new models every year to create sales. I've been around multiple units that use the TX1000 and they are all the same lame range.

Mike Dillon and the boys used to be on here pretty regularly but I don't see much of the factory guys here anymore but if they stumble across this thread take note that we don't need "foxbang", "foxfade" or any of the other BS marketing gimmicks, we need a remote that works a couple hundred yards EVERY SINGLE TIME you push the button.

I second the tx1000 remote range issues. Been running a foxpro fusion for 2.5 years and just purchased an icotec nightstalker because of the remote range. Looking forward to being able to hunt downwind from my call for a change.

The biggest issue I have with the X1 is the volume and the antenna on the remote. I pulled my remote out of my pocket the other day and only half of my antenna was there. No clue when or how I broke it. The TX1000 remote comes with a rubber antenna, similar to what's on my Fury2. Way more durable in my opinion. I know the remote works great at 50 yards or less. I honestly never have tried it any further.

The volume is on a 0-20 scale. In my opinion, it's not very load at 20. I think my Fury2 is loader. I know too load is bad, but I feel like starting the volume in the 14-16 range (roughly 75%) would be comparable to 50% on other calls.

I've got an X24 ordered to replace my X1. I can't say from experience that it's worth the extra money, but I'm pretty confident it will be.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnoti must of got lucky. my fusion with tx1000 remote does work every time i push a button.

Same here. cs24,shockwave and X24, I have no problem with remote range on those.. Had the callers at well over 100 yards.

Back