Please explain the process of getting a suppressor

Erie660

How does the process work? I was told that I had to purchase a suppressor first and fill out the paperwork? Suppressor fee and application all up front? Thanks

You purchase the suppressor. If you purchase it locally, no problem, if you purchase it from an on-line dealer, that dealer will transfer the suppressor to your local dealer vis a Form 3.

You complete a Form 4, either electronically or in paper form. BATF just recently reopened the E-File for Form 4's.

Submit that Form 4 along with the $200 tax, a passport type photo, fingerprints, and then the wait begins.

I recommend you seek out a dealer that has a Silencer Shop kiosk for your first time.

You will also need to decide if you want to acquire the suppressor as an INDIVIDUAL or on a TRUST. The folks who have the Silencer Shop Kiosk can help you with Silencer Shop's "ONE SHOT TRUST" and explain to you the advantages of the One Shot Trust.

Bowhntr6pt has it correct. If it were me, I would start by looking up the difference between filing an as individual vs. setting up a Trust.

You can use different companies that will set up your trust for you or a gun trust attorney. Know what you are getting into before you jump.

TC

Originally Posted By: Erie660How does the process work? I was told that I had to purchase a suppressor first and fill out the paperwork? Suppressor fee and application all up front? Thanks

Call these guys https://www.capitolarmory.com/ and they'll get you lined out on anything and everything you need. I've bought numerous items, including multiple suppressors, from Capitol Armory over the years and they've always been top notch to deal with.

Back