Tasco Target scope

AWS

Retired PM Staff
Quite a number of years ago I had one of these on a HB 03 Springfield and it worked very well, Tasco wasn't always Trashco.

Any one else have experience with one.

v0eAc3.jpg

Last edited:
That's a cool old scope. I've had some of the old Jap made target scopes that are still good scopes but never one like that.

I saw another fellow on 24hcf that had three of them on old 22lr target rifles, still working fine for him.

I never had the target scope, but had 3 of the trajectory range finder (TR) scopes (2-3x9x40 and 1-4-12x40 that were made in Japan, not China) IMO, those were some of the best scopes that I ever owned.
I still have 2 of them after chucking one that couldn't be repaired, and now the other 3x9 won't hold zero, guess I can't complain after app. 40+ yrs. of flawless service!

Back in 2012, I had one that I got from my dad. It was mounted on his Mini-14. I liked that scope a lot and I hunted with it. After a few years, the crosshairs started to split (visually) so I moved on. I really liked the scope for hunting. It was not the exact model that you have but it was similar aesthetically.

TC

Wow, bringing back the Tasco nostalgia! Probably very few are
left. Do you currently have the one pictured? I've never seen
one like that.

Originally Posted By: SixsixtyMags I never had the target scope, but had 3 of the trajectory range finder (TR) scopes (2-3x9x40 and 1-4-12x40 that were made in Japan, not China) IMO, those were some of the best scopes that I ever owned.

I also have a Japanese made TR scope which is 6x24x40 that
has been on an Encore Tac20 for over 15 years. The combo is
as accurate as my bolt actions. My ONLY complaint is that the
X-hairs are difficult to see in low light situations.

I actually had another TR Tasco, I think it was a 6x18 but not sure anymore, I didn't like it as much as the 4x12 so I sold it to a buddy of mine and I think he still has it. If I remember right, I bought it for the higher magnification, but at the higher magnification it had too narrow a FOV to find groundhogs easily in a field at longer range, the 4x12 just seemed to fit the bill perfectly for 3-400 yd. targets using a model 788 in 22-250

No I don't, I let it go with the rifle. One of my shooting buddies back then was in the NG on the rifle team and wanted the whole rig.

Last edited:
Back