Super Yoter = Infiray Saim SCH50 ?

Bering has been testing an extended battery compartment. I have one that I have been testing for them. I felt it wasn't sturdy enough to handle heavy recoil, but so far I haven't any issues with the scope shutting off. The compartment and batteries are fairly expensive. There is one US dealer selling them currently. However, Bering is not warrantying any damages from internal, rechargeable batteries. Until Bering warranties them with a specific 16650 battery, I would recommend an external battery pack.

... I have heard that these CR123 rechargeable batteries (RCR123a) do not cost much and are quite good ... and have the advantage of not needing the extension required to use 16650 batteries ... What do you think?

https://upgradeyourrifle.com/gb/thermal-...itecore-i2.html

https://www.nitecore-italia.com/nitecore...mah-li-ion.html

.... but I wonder and .... I ask you .... in a night at 0 ° F how long can they last before they completely discharge? In other words .... how many of these RCR123 do you need to carry in your pocket?

Last edited:
Bering does not recommend any internal, rechargeable batteries at this time whether RCR123s or 16650s (both are 3.7V). The reason is many chargers over-charge the batteries, and the batteries output more than 3.7V of power. Then you add the recoil from a gun to the mix, and the possibility of leakage, fire, etc increases. Bering states specifically in their thermal manuals, they will not warranty any damage caused by internal rechargeable batteries.

This is why Night Goggle is not selling the Extended pack for the 16650s at this time until Bering would change their recommendation and warranty to cover usage of the pack. It absolutely shocks me some dealers are selling it and not warning their customers. If/when something happens, it will be an interesting conversation with the customer, dealer, and Bering.

A pair of rechargeable CR123s, RCR123a as you called them, last about 2-3 hours in decent temps. In 0° F, about 90 minutes of run time. This is about 3 coyote stands. The number of batteries just depends on how long a person needs to hunt.

I would put the 16650 at roughly a little more than double that to about 4 hours at freezing temperatures.

Could this 20000 mAh Power Bank be good as an external power supply? However, it has 2 defects: 1) It is white in color; 2) It weighs 16 ounces! ... close to the weight of the SY (20 ounces) !!

4t2Z3NV.jpg

O0csPlI.jpg

NpnkbVl.jpg

Last edited:
You don’t need that much mAh. 6700 to 10K is more than enough. That’s a lot of weight. Lots of companies selling battery packs. I prefer Anker external batteries.

Back