Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe

Don Fischer ask a good point. I am a big DIY person. I make my own (alcohol and lanolin) because I use a lot of it. If I am using my Dillon's volume is king. Is it better? No idea, I know it works and does keep me from crushing cases in the progressive presses. Mentally I know if I make it I will use more and not skimp on it

I also use a film cannister with BBs in it and filled to the top of the BBs with case lube to do dip the cases in

Coconut oil is the best there is. PERIOD. Use very small amounts. Three drops on hands, rub together, Size 50 cases, no sticking no dents.

About 4 bucks a quart at local grocery store.

Dave

Lanolin oil and heet (red bottle) 12:1 ratio. Some do 10:1 ratio.

And why make it. Just like anything else because you can I suppose and a bottle of heet mix will last you for a long time...

Great stuff...Thanks! Only issue I ran into was small dents on the shoulders, so to remedy the dents I start wiping off the shoulders. No issues after that.

I haven't used it for case lube but I know most stores with a livestock section sell gallon jugs of 99% isopropyl alcohol for $20. I forget the type of alcohol in HEET but I've used the 99% isopropyl for disolving then evaporating the alcohol back off and it works great.

If that mixture is too THIN one can always add a little lanolin and try that till the deskred product is reached.

Mh daughter sent me some lanolin from an on lion e seller and I got the Heet from WM. Just have to make and see. I bet 9 oz of mixture goes a LONG ways--thousands of cases. We will see...

Make sure you use Isopropyl. I used Denatured and it doesn't really work. The lanolin doesn't dissolve for some reason.

Back