LD Riot - FP Shockwave - Worth it?

Oldphart613

Not sure if anyone has experience with both of these callers however thought I would put it out there to see.
Have LD Riot. Works well and have also bought some extra verminator calls. Remote also seems to be good.
I started hunting coyotes last year and know I still have lots to learn. However, have not really had much success. Know that this is not due to caller however I also want to up my odds in any way that I can.
Cabelas has the FP Shockwave on sale at a great price. Just trying to decide if worth the upgrade or not? Know will get more calls and some good features like Foxbang etc. However, just trying to determine if anyone has used both and if so had an opinion on if worth the extra investment.
Appreciate any comments or feedback.

Just about any caller will call coyotes. 90 percent of successful predator calling is stand selection and stand management. If your in the right place and a Pred doesn't see, hear or.smell you chances are any call will call them in. Personally I think most of the doodads on a caller are to attract buyers not predators.

For me clear sounds, and a remote that is easy to use with no surprises is a caller I like.

Right now I have a JS Grim Speaker GS2, two Minaskas M1 Bandits, Wildlife Tech and two Foxpros. My least favorite are the FPs just for the remotes.

Right

Last edited:
I have used both in the past..I started with foxpro when the had the old lantern looking styles, I have a FX-5 sitting in my closet now. I mostly use my LD, its the original with the camera. I just like the remote better and sounds are more crisp. I agree with AWS that most success comes from stand selection and population of yotes in area. Scouting is #1. Have to be sneaky getting into set, don't slam doors,etc. Have to use the wind correctly, and most important don't move on stand. Play with volume and sequence and cadence of calls.

Last edited:
Your welcome,
Be willing to try different things. I learned alot by trying different things and screwing them up. LOL We all have the friend that makes it easy and seems like he is always killing.. you know the guy that could catch fish in a mudhole. Hunt with him ask questions. I think we try to overthink it sometimes and screw it up. Number 1 thing wind. can't beat their noses. 2 try not to expose yourself walking in either by sight,smell, and sound. 3 start calling quietly at first. never know how close one could be. Be realistic. Mostly have fun and always be open to learning new ways.

Good luck
Jon

"a remote that is easy to use with no surprises is a caller I like"

Amen to that. With my old eyes I want a remote with a BIG screen and easy-to-see letters!

Back