FOXPRO X24 and Lucky Duck Roughneck Video

I actually watched this the other day. I think I am going with the Roughneck and will add that to my Foxpro Fusion. Will be nice to have some different sounds. Everyone around here used Foxpro. Thanks for putting it out there.

Originally Posted By: BennettI actually watched this the other day. I think I am going with the Roughneck and will add that to my Foxpro Fusion. Will be nice to have some different sounds. Everyone around here used Foxpro. Thanks for putting it out there.

No problem and thanks for watching.

Disclosure- I've had multiple Foxpros and one Lucky duck. I currently run a Roughneck and a FP fusion as back up. My hunting partner has x24. We use both, directly compared both, and we agree on our opinions. These 2 are similar in price . The x24 is the highest end FP I've used.we use [beeep] and Rick's sounds, and some common sounds like from predator tactics and Tony tebbes that work on both.

Both remotes are excellent, FP x1000 is a tad better. Better made, better range , a little easier to use, less battery usage.

Both are big, similar in size. Draw.

FP x24 system works reliably. LD roughneck system can be a lil glitchy, shuts off now and again, one time started playing on its own, lil harder to get to play at range or when juice is low. LD eats batteries.

CS both companies no issues.

Roughneck undeniably sounds better and is louder. LD playesclear At high volume whereas x24 needs to be turned down to remove distortion, and it's not as loud at highest volume. That's our opinion compared side by side. I get more vocal responses to the roughneck, I feel it calls more coyotes. No data to back that opinion. The x24 sounds better than most other callers I've used, just not as good as the roughneck.

Overall- x24 is better built and functionally works better, built usa vs built China. But the roughneck sounds better and is louder.

Hope this helps some people, prolly piss some off each side.

not brand comparison, it's a comparison between these 2 models.

Any question hit me up.

Tjkiller thanks for posting the comparison. It's interesting to hear other's evaluation. I own both and agree with most every conclusion you came to.

My only difference in opinion is the LD remote range is much better. I have gotten false triggers with the FoxPro, not with the LD.

Size wise the X24 is smaller, not much but noticable to me. I prefer the legs on the FoxPro, the built in sling provisions and the toggle switch for power vs the sliding switch on the LD. (Easier to use with frozen hands)

Like you said CS for both is good. I've used both and LD got me taken care of faster.

I'm with you on the bottom line that sound trump's all and am selling the FoxPro.

Man, I've been a loyal FP user from the old flash light style calls. Currently have two CS-24's. I'm in the market for a new caller and was about to pull the plug on the x24 until I saw this. Question, how do we know the x24 is truly playing 24 bit sounds? If the LD actually sounds better, whats the 24 bit hype all about? I get it that FP says we cant hear the frequency but coyotes can. I really hate to purchase a China built product but.... someone talk me out of it! Hahah

PhilBilly I was left scratching my head on the 24 bit thing.. Ok if I can't hear it and the coyotes can but how does that explain the LD sounding more clear and louder? Personally I chalk it up to good advertising.

P&Y Very good point! The CS-24 for example, why doesn't it playback 24 bit audio? Should it be called the CS-18 or CS-MP3? I'm so confused! HAHA.

I've come to the conclusion based on many many many dead coyotes, foxes and bobcats that 24bit is marketing BS.

Think about this, how many "bit" is an MP3?? Tony Tebbe sounds are among the best in the industry and ALL his are MP3. ICO sounds are all 16bit. Take a guess at how many critters are called by hunters across the country every year with those sounds and equipment.

I have 24bit sounds and see zero advantage over any other file format, YMMV but the sound, cadence, volume and setup is what gets it done.

Originally Posted By: P&YPhilBilly I was left scratching my head on the 24 bit thing.. Ok if I can't hear it and the coyotes can but how does that explain the LD sounding more clear and louder? Personally I chalk it up to good advertising.

I can agree with that. I was just making a point to go over some of the major selling points. It's hard to comprehend how coyotes could hear it but we can't. Haha. It's like taking the coyotes word for it even though they can't talk. Haha. Both great callers though. Good luck with the LD, you will enjoy it.

Last edited:
Back