Where would you go predator hunting if you were me...?

Originally Posted By: SubpaRThere's no predator season in KS. I think all you would need is a non-resident hunting license/97.50.
KS Outdoor

We don't really have any public land but there is this. KS WIHA Kansas Walk In Hunting

The rental cars I really can't help you with.

Good luck to you wherever you go.

Thanks…good info. I’ve found similar sites for Nebraska and South Dakota.

Originally Posted By: tawoodNM, NV, AZ? That's two full days of flying in my plane...and that's too much flying for a week off. The beauty of my own plane is I go when/where I want on no schedule. Not to mention, I hate flying commercial, especially these days, then put "flying with guns" on top of that? No thanks.

No worries! You probably wouldn't see much anyway.

Ever since this thread started I've been trying to think of where I'd go in Nebraska. I'm in the panhandle, and there's a few walk in areas but they're barely worth a 20 mile drive much less a day long flight. There is the Crescent Wildlife Refuge which is 40-some thousand acres, most of which is walk in only. I don't know how hard it gets called but I know deer hunters walk it pretty hard. Definitely want to track yourself so you can get back out lol. I know there's an Enterprise in Scottsbluff but probably nothing at the airport. Scottsbluff would be roughly 3 hours west of Crescent and not far from WY if you found places in the eastern part of that state.

Originally Posted By: 204 AREver since this thread started I've been trying to think of where I'd go in Nebraska. I'm in the panhandle, and there's a few walk in areas but they're barely worth a 20 mile drive much less a day long flight. There is the Crescent Wildlife Refuge which is 40-some thousand acres, most of which is walk in only. I don't know how hard it gets called but I know deer hunters walk it pretty hard. Definitely want to track yourself so you can get back out lol. I know there's an Enterprise in Scottsbluff but probably nothing at the airport. Scottsbluff would be roughly 3 hours west of Crescent and not far from WY if you found places in the eastern part of that state.

Thanks for the info! So I'm thinking Chadron, NE. I can rent a U-haul pickup there. Seems to be some good areas nearby: Oglala, Fort Robinson, some NF...

Maybe you (or someone else reading) knows the area for some tips?

Oglala has coyotes, again I'm not sure how hard it gets hunted. It's pretty open with some badlands and hills. I'm not sure about the nf or Fort Rob but the scenery is great if nothing else. There are a few guide services in the area if that interests you. Geoff Nemnich is out of Scottsbluff and guides as well as shoots videos.

You'll also be close to the black hills and some other public ground in sd. I don't have any experience up there.

I will think out of the box a little. Some may laugh, but I am serious. Since you have good income, you might want to experience an unusual hunt, something different. How about Namibia for calling jackal? They are true predators and are despised by ranchers and farmers. I speak from personal experience and not merely throwing out a bunch of silly gibberish. The only issue that I currently see could perhaps be international travel due to Covid. As for the hunt itself, you can expect good numbers of jackal and experienced guides who know what they are doing, and are great people. Just a thought.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
I will think out of the box a little. Some may laugh, but I am serious. Since you have good income, you might want to experience an unusual hunt, something different. How about Namibia for calling jackal? They are true predators and are despised by ranchers and farmers. I speak from personal experience and not merely throwing out a bunch of silly gibberish. The only issue that I currently see could perhaps be international travel due to Covid. As for the hunt itself, you can expect good numbers of jackal and experienced guides who know what they are doing, and are great people. Just a thought.

Did a Namibia hunt in 2016 for Kudu et al. Great experience...although we never went after jackal.

Last edited:
Back