NVision issues

P&Y

Just a heads up for anyone running or looking to run an NVision. I placed an order for a new Halo XRF in July and planned my two weeks of annual leave to night hunt. My first week started 11-22 (our opening day). As the day grew closer I still had not got my scope. I kept being told one more week.
Well it arrived at the dealer just in time. I paid overnight shipping to get it before starting a six hour drive to my hunting location. This is where things got bad.

My scope's calibration button quit working just before leaving. My only option was to return it for warranty work. I faced the reality of my first week off being wrecked, but was back in the game thanks to a good friend who borrowed me his Halo LR!

Made the drive to the hunting location and then my friend's scope had a button quit working! His needs to go back also effectively ruining my second week off (new moon).This seems like more than a coincidence. NVision has been easy to work with but their quality issues have cost me my entire annual leave and gobs of hunting time.

If your running one of these just beware, going 2-2 on this same issue makes me seriously question quality.

Last edited:
Thank you, since getting into thermal I've been plagued with malfunctions. I told my wife I'm going to take up bowling! LOL

Man brother that sucks, I hope they make it right.

I am running the new Yoter and having a little issue with it when I turn on the Bluetooth, for whatever reason it shuts off! Its not stopping me from hunting BUT it needs to get fixed and is why I have the Super Hogster as a backup.

Originally Posted By: Kino MI am running the new Yoter and having a little issue with it when I turn on the Bluetooth, for whatever reason it shuts off! Its not stopping me from hunting BUT it needs to get fixed and is why I have the Super Hogster as a backup. I found this when testing the prototype. It happens with the combination of certain internal batteries, running an external battery pack, and wireless all at the same time. Run internal only and wireless fine. Run external and wireless, fine. Run external and internal, fine. If you stop any of the three, it functions perfectly. For some people, going to a shorter or different power cord, fixes it. For others, using a different CR123 brand fixes it. Bering knows about it, because I reported it but since it is battery, cord related, not sure if they see it as a bug.

Originally Posted By: KirschOriginally Posted By: Kino MI am running the new Yoter and having a little issue with it when I turn on the Bluetooth, for whatever reason it shuts off! Its not stopping me from hunting BUT it needs to get fixed and is why I have the Super Hogster as a backup. I found this when testing the prototype. It happens with the combination of certain internal batteries, running an external battery pack, and wireless all at the same time. Run internal only and wireless fine. Run external and wireless, fine. Run external and internal, fine. If you stop any of the three, it functions perfectly. For some people, going to a shorter or different power cord, fixes it. For others, using a different CR123 brand fixes it. Bering knows about it, because I reported it but since it is battery, cord related, not sure if they see it as a bug.

Thanks Korey, I'm glad to hear that nothing is "wrong", but I download the exact same way with the exact same components on my Super Hogster and zero issues.

Anyway I was reading your post and just to clarify, if I ONLY use the internal or ONLY the external it works fine but it won't work together??

Thanks for your response and clarification, hopefully other Super Yoter owners will see your "fix".

A bit off topic, but I still say Pulsar dropped the ball when they stopped making the Apex line of rifle scopes. My experience is that they are reliable and cost friendly as far as thermal goes.

Kino I'm sure they will get it fixed and I hope yours works out as well.

6mm it always seems when a product is good and affordable it stops being produced!

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
A bit off topic, but I still say Pulsar dropped the ball when they stopped making the Apex line of rifle scopes. My experience is that they are reliable and cost friendly as far as thermal goes.

I really miss the features my Trail XP50 had, but the lack of zero hold was something I simply could not deal with.

I'm in the market for a second thermal but don't want to drop the same money on another unit like my Trijicon Hunter MK III... which has been absolutely trouble free.

OP... you had Pulsar issues as well right?

Any real solid feedback on the Trail 2's?

Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6pt
OP... you had Pulsar issues as well right?

Any real solid feedback on the Trail 2's?

Yes I had Pulsar issues, repeatedly.

My friend has a Trail 2 he uses as a scanner. He says the image on base magnification is outstanding and the lrf works well. I guess the image degrades very quickly once you start to increase magnification. He won't use a Pulsar on a rifle. He played the chasing zero game like us.

Originally Posted By: Kino MThanks Korey, I'm glad to hear that nothing is "wrong", but I download the exact same way with the exact same components on my Super Hogster and zero issues.I am not saying there isn't anything wrong. I am relaying that Bering indicated the issue seems to be elsewhere. I happen to disagree with them because everything works fine until you turn on wifi. I also feel there is a problem.

Originally Posted By: Kino MAnyway I was reading your post and just to clarify, if I ONLY use the internal or ONLY the external it works fine but it won't work together??In my situation, yes. It all works until I run all three at the same time. And, for me it only acts up when I use internal rechargeable CR123, the TRB, and using a 1' 90° USB cable. If I switched my internal battery to Tenergy or Energizer, it works on the prototype and my production version. When I sent the prototype to Bering, it didn't work for them, but they were using some other type of battery. They swapped their cord out and it worked. So, it is hard to know exactly the combination. It could very well be the magnetic cord you are running, or the External pack, etc. I am not saying it is, but when Bering tested it on their side, the issue turned out to be a cable. In my case, it was the rechargeable CR123s I was using.

Originally Posted By: Kino MThanks for your response and clarification, hopefully other Super Yoter owners will see your "fix". I don't know if what I provided you is a fix. It may be a work-around. I monitor a lot of forums and groups and I have been very surprised I haven't heard this from other users.

Originally Posted By: ToroWhat brand of 123’ batteries were associated with the problem? Toro, I haven't been able to pinpoint any one brand or one component. Bering recommended using a shorter cable which is what they had issues with. For me, it worked by switching from Rechargeable CR123s to Energizer Lithiums.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
A bit off topic, but I still say Pulsar dropped the ball when they stopped making the Apex line of rifle scopes. My experience is that they are reliable and cost friendly as far as thermal goes. I do agree the Apex was/is a good product. Bering stepped into that market very well with the Hogster line up and added colored reticles and backgrounds, a longer warranty, at a similar cost structure, and made it more compact so it can be a scope and/or scanner. There are other options out there.

P&Y, sorry we have kind of hijacked your thread and gone off on a thermal product tangent.

No worries Kirsch. My intent was to give anyone using or looking at NVision thermal a heads up to a possible issue. I got the message out and cried in my soup as well!

P&Y, did they give you a timeline on how long to fix it??

To me, new moons are like the deer run, very precious time that we only have so many each winter. That is where top knotch customer service can make or break you.

Curious to see how long the turn around is and hopefully they get you back hunting ASAP.

I just had to send in my XRF Wednesday. They were very kind and said I should have it back by Wednesday or Thursday. That’s with the thanksgiving holiday. I don’t know that it could be done any faster.

Kino, he didn't give a timeline but said it sounded like an easy fix and they would get it back asap. I have faith in their customer service. I'll definitely let everyone know when it comes back home haha. Your spot on, new moon + low winds = priceless!

Louie, Glad to hear your turn around was so quick. What issue did you have?

Last edited:
Mine would lock up sometime after calibration aka (nuke). I would have to take batteries out for a couple minutes then restart. But if it was cold temperatures I would not even be able to turn back on until it warmed up, then it would be fine again. When it first happened they told me to update firmware so I did and same problem. Hopefully it’s fixed right when I get it back

Last edited:
Back