Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3286236 - 11/25/21 09:34 AM Re: Where would you go predator hunting if you were me...? [Re: spotstalkshoot]
tawood Offline

Loc: Michigan
Originally Posted By: spotstalkshoot
You will need a predator license in SD. NB,ND to I think, or small game?. Wy,Mt no lic. KS? I make a run or 2 in Jan to NE SD. Is there an airport on you list there? Usually more fun, successful hunting with someone.

Rapid City, Pierre, Aberdeen, and Sioux Falls are the only airports with car rentals.

#3286238 - 11/25/21 10:15 AM Re: Where would you go predator hunting if you were me...? [Re: tawood]
hydehunter Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: South Dakota
Just thinking, how much runway does your plane require for a grass field landing and take off, I might have a idea that would work if you are not wanting to hunt solo. thanks Jim

#3286264 - 11/25/21 01:31 PM Re: Where would you go predator hunting if you were me...? [Re: hydehunter]
tawood Offline

Originally Posted By: hydehunter
Just thinking, how much runway does your plane require for a grass field landing and take off, I might have a idea that would work if you are not wanting to hunt solo. thanks Jim

2000 feet, but in winter grass runways are a bad idea.

#3286329 - 11/25/21 11:50 PM Re: Where would you go predator hunting if you were me...? [Re: spotstalkshoot]
SubpaR Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Hays, KS
There's no predator season in KS. I think all you would need is a non-resident hunting license/97.50.
KS Outdoor

We don't really have any public land but there is this. KS WIHA Kansas Walk In Hunting

The rental cars I really can't help you with.

Good luck to you wherever you go.

#3286416 - 11/27/21 10:24 AM Re: Where would you go predator hunting if you were me...? [Re: wicka]
tawood Offline

Originally Posted By: wicka
What is your hunting rig set up if you don't mind?
thanks

Sorry, just saw this…
I’m a daylight hunter (here in Michigan it’s shotguns only at night). I use a bull-barreled Stag Arms .223, an electric call, a couple of mouth calls for howling and mouse, and a “wiggle rabbit”. Oh, and a ghillie suit.

#3286417 - 11/27/21 10:25 AM Re: Where would you go predator hunting if you were me...? [Re: SubpaR]
tawood Offline

Originally Posted By: SubpaR
There's no predator season in KS. I think all you would need is a non-resident hunting license/97.50.
KS Outdoor

We don't really have any public land but there is this. KS WIHA Kansas Walk In Hunting

The rental cars I really can't help you with.

Good luck to you wherever you go.

Thanks…good info. I’ve found similar sites for Nebraska and South Dakota.

#3286527 - 11/28/21 08:50 PM Re: Where would you go predator hunting if you were me...? [Re: tawood]
shanedogg Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: arizona
Originally Posted By: tawood
NM, NV, AZ? That's two full days of flying in my plane...and that's too much flying for a week off. The beauty of my own plane is I go when/where I want on no schedule. Not to mention, I hate flying commercial, especially these days, then put "flying with guns" on top of that? No thanks.

No worries! You probably wouldn't see much anyway.

#3286529 - 11/28/21 09:15 PM Re: Where would you go predator hunting if you were me...? [Re: tawood]
204 AR Offline
PM senior

Loc: Nebraska
Ever since this thread started I've been trying to think of where I'd go in Nebraska. I'm in the panhandle, and there's a few walk in areas but they're barely worth a 20 mile drive much less a day long flight. There is the Crescent Wildlife Refuge which is 40-some thousand acres, most of which is walk in only. I don't know how hard it gets called but I know deer hunters walk it pretty hard. Definitely want to track yourself so you can get back out lol. I know there's an Enterprise in Scottsbluff but probably nothing at the airport. Scottsbluff would be roughly 3 hours west of Crescent and not far from WY if you found places in the eastern part of that state.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.