Strange evening event

viper

I live in Tucson with a wall we can see over from our porch. Tonight I was out cooking a couple steaks. And I see a coyote in the large field behind us with a wash on the back side of it. He is 20 yards away. He perks up and runs back to the wash because a couple kids were walking down a path back there. I go in and come back out and am still cooking and soon I see the coyote again. This time it is carrying a huge steak or half rack of ribs that are uncooked. He runs up to about 10 yards and precedes to bury the steak and walks off.
One I have never seen anything like that and two someone in a house somewhere lost a steak or ribs off their back porch.

Wife and I got a beagle mix pup when we first married, 64 years ago. That dog was a born thief.

Over the years, she came home with everything from a broom to baseball bats, gloves, shoes, you name it. The worst was a nicely wrapped package of fresh fish fillets!
scared.gif

The wife spend a good deal of time finding the owners and returning most items, but never did track down rightful owner of the fish, admittedly, she didn't try too hard as the packaging was a bit worse for the wear.

Regards,
hm

Our dog enjoys burying, hiding, then digging up bones as much a chewing on them. I would think with a steak the coyote would do more eating than burying.

Back