Savage Ultralite 110 - any real world users with feedback

svt tactical

Eyeballing one in 6.5 Creed. a buddy bought one and wants to sell. It's not even been picked up from the ffl yet and he's changed his mind to wanting it in 30-06.

Anyone used one and gave feedback on these? Seems like it's a good option for long trips from vehicle and you don't want to lug around a heavier gun.

A friend has one in 308. I watched him put three shots in a ragged hole at 100 yards today. If thats any help.

I have the 110 High Country in 6.5 CM and its stupid accurate. Not a lite weight but very accurate.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pyscodogA friend has one in 308. I watched him put three shots in a ragged hole at 100 yards today. If thats any help.

I have the 110 High Country in 6.5 CM and its stupid accurate. Not a lite weight but very accurate.

that does. I've not have a savage shoot bad yet... including axis' however wanted some real world experience with the ultralite being its a different barrel manufacturer and wasn't sure if it was a "budget" proof.

Be sure to look at the exact one you buy. I checked out a few in a local store this summer and all had very gritty actions. When looking inside with the bolt rearward, you could see very clear machining marks on the bolt rails. I bought another Sako and a few Tikkas instead. I agree, havent seen a savage shoot bad yet but be sure you get a smooth one

My friend like his so well that I'm getting tired of listening to him crow about it. Then he shoots a bug hole group and the crowing starts all over again. LOL!! He really likes his. He's older and really like the weight or should I say lack of.

My .223 110 Storm shoots better than I can for sure. Accurate, just wish I could do it justice precision wise. For the money especially, I think they`re fine hunting rifles. Not the easiest bolt to lift, but hey....

I've got a 110 ultralite in a 270win. Let's say, that for the money, it's all that I wanted and more than I'll need.
Pros= Lightweight, the proof carbon fiber barrel is amazing, super accurate 1/4 MOA, good adjustable trigger, price
Cons= action isn't the smoothest, but better than most, the stock, while adjustable with an aluminum bedded action is still a little flimsy.

All in all, I'm very pleased with my purchase. I've had several hunting buddies buy one after they have shot mine and seen how accurate it is.

Nice to hear that carbon wrapped barrels are shooting so accurate, seems like other brands are often not meeting accuracy expectations. Why I haven't purchased a wrapped barrel rifle,yet.

Back