Recommendations on a .750 diameter adjustable gas block for AR308

arlaunch

I am trying to push 175 grain SMK's a bit hard with IMR 4064. I am not sure if i am at port pressure or chamber pressure? I am thinking an adjustable gas block would help me decipher.

Anybody have experience with a low pro adjustable gas manifold in 308?

I have a JP assembly for my AR15 and i really like it.

I use superlative arms in all mine and I have several. I really like there piston kit for 556 they don't make the piston for 308.Have a look at there web site and get dimension's so as to make sure you have clearance under your hand guard. There are a few slim handguards out there that do not have enough clearance. Good luck with what ever you come up with.

The 308 is the same as a 223. I've used JP or even the cheap ones from Joe Bob's. Just be sure to use the RTV like JP says.

Greg

Originally Posted By: johralSLR Rifleworks makes a really nice one.

SLR Sentry 7 is the best I've found.

Originally Posted By: murdocAlso try some tungsten weights in your buffer.

I have a rifle length buttstock and a Tubbs spring. Do you figure i can take the 308 rifle buffer assembly apart and get tungsten weights?

Originally Posted By: arlaunch
Why is the SLR Sentry 7 the best you have found?

Versus what?

Sorry for the late reply. The Sentry 7 was the only one I've had that could actually completely shut the gas off. I don't recall all the others I've tried but they wouldn't close enough. I like the "clicks" on the sentry and how they adjust from the front for easy adjustments.

I actually sent the barrel back to the manufacturer before tuning it. Now i am in the market for a new barrel and am still investigating adjustable gas blocks.

Thank you for your inputs.

Originally Posted By: arlaunchOriginally Posted By: murdocAlso try some tungsten weights in your buffer.

I have a rifle length buttstock and a Tubbs spring. Do you figure i can take the 308 rifle buffer assembly apart and get tungsten weights?

slash's sells a buffer for that... 10.0 oz of pure gravity to help slow life down
smile.gif

When, I joined this group I came here to learn about Suppressors.
I bought what I was told to buy a Specwar 7,62.
It has never let me down. No need for an adjustable gas block on any of my ARs.
From 5,56 to 7,62 It just works, you guys were right.
Yes, it heaver that all of these new suppressors, so what go join a gym.
Thank you, Predator Master Forum.

Odin works tunable gas block!
It’s very compact and slim. I’ve run others on my ar 15 and the others had clearance issues with my slimmer rail (BCM kmr).
That might not be an issue with your ar10 but the Odin tunable block is a very good looking piece that works flawlessly and will have zero clearance issues.

Back