Iray vs Super Yoter specs

For those who run the external battery pack, would you mind sharing pics of how you have it mounted and how you run the wire? I'm not a fan of external wires but am curious if those who use the external battery and walk a lot have any issues with it coming unplugged.

Originally Posted By: Buck13Has anyone compared the specs of the Super Yoter vs Pulsar XP50 (thermion) ? wondering about the FOV numbers .....
Super Yoter 3x base mag 8.5 degree FOV
Thermion XP50 2x base mag, 12.4 degree FOV

Originally Posted By: KirschOriginally Posted By: Buck13Has anyone compared the specs of the Super Yoter vs Pulsar XP50 (thermion) ? wondering about the FOV numbers .....
Super Yoter 3x base mag 8.5 degree FOV
Thermion XP50 2x base mag, 12.4 degree FOV

Thank you

This may have already been mentioned somewhere on here so forgive me if this has already been covered.
With both the iRay and the Yoter, if I increase the magnification of the PIP window, does the mag on the rest of the screen increase simultaneously?
I could see this as being an issue for hitting runners if that's the case.

The Yoter is exactly like the Hogster, PIP is always double the magnification of the main screen below and not adjustable.

Ok so to make sure my brain understands this, if I increase the mag of the PIP then the mag of the wide screen increases as well?
I currently run a Thermion where if I increase mag in the PIP the wide screen does not change leaving a wider field of view for shooting running coyotes, which happens a lot to me
smile.gif

Yes, on Bering thermals currently, the only way to increase the magnification of the PIP is to also increase the magnification of the main window.

Super Yoter has 1x, 2x, 3x, and 4x digital zoom which translates to 3x, 6x, 9x, and 12x main window magnification. The corresponding PIP values are 6x, 12x, 18x, and 24x. It is always twice the main magnification. I realize Pulsar does their PIP very different, and allows you to zoom either or both. I know many people like to run it as you mentioned with the main window at base mag and PIP zoomed way in. That would not be for me, but that is OK.

Back