Cell Phone ??????

pyscodog

Last Sunday at deer camp I was viewing sd card pics on my Samsung. I shut it off, then when my buddy came to camp I wanted to show him the pics and turned it back on but the phone didn't recognize my card reader. I thought my card reader took a dump but turns out its in my phone. I took it to US Cellular and they aren't tech's, or so they told me. I took it to a phone DR. and without a diagnostic test they weren't sure either. I did a reset and now everything is FUBAR. I have most of the functions working again but nothing is like it was. So now, I'm thinking of just getting a new phone.

Now a question. Do I need a 5g phone. The guy at the phone store says no. What's the difference? I'm not a phone junkie and could actually live without one but with family and the gun club, I kinda need it.

You will need at least a 4G, according to Verizon. They told me that my old 3G would not be supported by the end of 2022 at the latest. Basically the higher the number the faster the data transfer. So 5G is the newest, fastest service. Unless you play games on your phone you probably won't notice a difference between 4G and 5G.
They gave me a brand new 5G Galaxy A02s for free since I am a Verizon customer. I Think that they have a few free choices for new customers too. US Cellular might have the same kind of promotions, IDK.
We only have 4G service here now though so there is not a benefit in having a 5G phone but they say that 5G is coming "soon", whenever that is.
I downloaded BaseMap and that is mostly all that I use the phone for except for the occasional text to line up hunting.
I don't have a clue how to do even %10 of what the phone will do and I don't really care to learn.

Last edited:
Ya, I'm pretty electronic stupid myself. I want a phone I can call on and one I receive calls on. A little messaging and a few pictures. We have camera's at deer camp and a few at the gun club that I look at the pictures on. Now I can't do that with my phone for some reason. I was thinking a new phone might be cheaper than getting this one fixed. The phone guy said I really didn't need 5G and it will save me some money as well.

Well I just bought a replacement phone. They thought it might be the charging port and it was $65-$75 to fix it with no guarantee that would fix my issues. I got a pretty good discount for being a long time customer and the new phone was only a few bucks more. Problem solved.

Back