Question on tripods

NDAR15MAN

Question. I know that most tripod users have gone to the Arica Swiss direct mount after trial and error. My issues is that my day rifle AR15 has a slick round forearm ( Old but very accurate Bushmaster V Match ). Not a m-lock type of forearm. My Night Vision D760 AR15 does have a
M-Lock forearm. I have a few other bolt guns I would like to use on the tripod. So after All this info My question is .... Which do you guys prefer between the Kopfjager Reaper Grip or a Hog saddle On a night stalker pro tripod ? This is I think my only option I have my AR15 guns AND bolt Guns I would like to shoot off off of during day time AND night time. Thanks. Marty

Last edited:
I've owned the Pig Saddle and the Reaper Grip. I also have a rifle with the 2" diameter round forearm like you have. After using both I recommend the Reaper Grip. The jaws are slightly curved and it has a rubber-like coating. It grips a round forearm better and one side of the jaws swivels to better grip a tapered forearm like you might have on your bolt rifles.

Last edited:
NDAR15MAN
I had the same situation round slick forearm on a R15. I found a 3 hole key mod Arica Swiss plate, drilled the forearm so the key mod screws would go thru the forearm and used the key mod as a nut. Hope this makes sense.

Ok. Both good options. I am leaning towards the Reaper Grip in case I want to use bolt guns in day time. I don’t expect to hunt but 12 times a year with both knees replaced. Any one else feel free to chip in Here. Thanks. Marty

I use the Arica Swiss on my AR and works fine. I also have the Reaper which works for round forearms and flat bottom stocks.

2899.jpg

I have both a SILK and a BOG, they are both great.
I zip tie a light to one leg with a red plastic wrap.
I always drop something. Push-button on and off.
Good to have a red light for setup.

XTzssWL.jpg

dAuY23R.jpg

V0427JW.jpg

Back