Ritchs Precision Guns

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3284010 - 10/23/21 02:06 PM Any thoughts for a tiny light
randy merta Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: chandler,indiana
Iím looking for a tiny light I can mount on my AR like some type of M lok device. I would like this light to be handy for walking in the dark and you cross a small ditch or fence, for looking at your buttons on your scanner, finding your just fired brass and minor stuff like that. Iím looking for something very small thatís bright but pin point bright.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

#3284036 - 10/23/21 10:30 PM Re: Any thoughts for a tiny light [Re: randy merta]
Heymartay Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: N Illinois
My daughter got me a thing called glovelite. It doesnít attach to the gun , it goes over your thumb and index finger. Small pin point lights that I think would be handier than a gun attached light. Something to think about.

#3284074 - 10/24/21 10:08 PM Re: Any thoughts for a tiny light [Re: randy merta]
randy merta Offline
Seasoned Member

Thanks Iíll look it up!

#3284216 - 10/27/21 11:12 AM Re: Any thoughts for a tiny light [Re: randy merta]
Heymartay Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: N Illinois
Fwiw I use the niteyes headlamp and with the red light I use it for walking in and out and for getting set up. You can set it low so your not throwing much light out and eyes just glow at night. Very handy and worth every penny.

#3284400 - 10/30/21 01:30 AM Re: Any thoughts for a tiny light [Re: randy merta]
Dark moon 63 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Iowa
Not what your looking for but I use a coast headlight with a reostat on the battery pack. It can be turned down very dim or very bright. I used the bright tonight to find a coyote in the weeds.

#3284656 - 11/03/21 10:11 AM Re: Any thoughts for a tiny light [Re: randy merta]
willy1947 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Ohio, Ohio

Me, my son, and my grandsons like headlamps. Our has a white and red light.

#3284670 - 11/03/21 12:47 PM Re: Any thoughts for a tiny light [Re: randy merta]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland County, MI
a weapon mounted light makes a horrible scanning light. having to swing your firearm around to illuminate while trying to walk or search for an item sucks like no other.

as noted a headlamp or some other solution is probably going to more of what you're looking for.

weapons mounted lights are for illuminating a target you're ready to shoot for the most part

hth

#3284943 - 11/06/21 10:43 PM Re: Any thoughts for a tiny light [Re: randy merta]
randy merta Offline
Seasoned Member

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I have about a dozen of various headlamps. Iím looking for a tiny pin light that I can attach to my rifle magnetically or Velcro or?

#3284971 - 11/07/21 12:40 PM Re: Any thoughts for a tiny light [Re: randy merta]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland County, MI
Originally Posted By: randy merta
Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I have about a dozen of various headlamps. Iím looking for a tiny pin light that I can attach to my rifle magnetically or Velcro or?

so.. you're looking for something that can be attached, but is also relatively easily removeable?

#3284999 - 11/07/21 07:33 PM Re: Any thoughts for a tiny light [Re: randy merta]
randy merta Offline
Seasoned Member

Yes sir!

#3285072 - 11/08/21 06:48 PM Re: Any thoughts for a tiny light [Re: randy merta]
Willy Brotz Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: USA
Maybe velcro one of the small lights that fit on a hat brim to your setup. That way it can be taken off and used. And not have to point your gun at your hunt buddy when he says shine your light here so I can tie my bootlace please. Or what about a small flashlight on a duck call lanyard around your neck. I use that setup nearly everyday. Likely a million ways to skin this cat.

#3285235 - 11/11/21 08:32 AM Re: Any thoughts for a tiny light [Re: randy merta]
wildflights Offline

Loc: Washington Wet Side
It's an odd thought but it may work for the OP. It doesn't get much smaller than a Thill bobber light.
https://www.sportsmans.com/fishing-gear-...y-light/p/p7374

Edited by wildflights (11/11/21 08:34 AM)

#3285355 - 11/12/21 08:18 PM Re: Any thoughts for a tiny light [Re: randy merta]
randy merta Offline
Seasoned Member

Thanks again guys!

#3286027 - 11/22/21 12:13 PM Re: Any thoughts for a tiny light [Re: randy merta]
Gman757 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: FL
Originally Posted By: randy merta
Iím looking for a tiny light I can mount on my AR like some type of M lok device. I would like this light to be handy for walking in the dark and you cross a small ditch or fence, for looking at your buttons on your scanner, finding your just fired brass and minor stuff like that. Iím looking for something very small thatís bright but pin point bright.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

I use these on my stalking rigs. I normally blind stalk when I am close to hogs but it's good to have a light to use in the thick stuff. Plenty of rattlesnakes and moccasins in the areas I hunt.

They put out just enough light to see where you are stepping especially mounted at the end of your weapon so you can more or less point it where needed. It slides onto a short M-lok rail and is held on by a screw.

http://www.night-evolution.com/e/action/ShowInfo.php?classid=58&id=62

Check for "tactical helmet light" on eBay for other versions.

Edited by Gman757 (11/22/21 12:31 PM)

Moderator:  SnowmanMo 

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.