Icotec Night Stalker

Kino M

Staff member
Wanted to add to my calling arsenal so I took the Icotec plunge. I have/had many different Foxpro callers over the years and they are without question a great caller BUT!!! The remote range of the TX1000 leaves a lot to be desired and the very worst part is everyone in the country seems to own one and coyotes are regularly educated with Foxpro sounds.

I called and talked to Chuck, really nice and informative. Icotec offers a GREAT military discount to active and retired people so that really helps, kudos for Icotec supporting the military, I really appreciate that.

What's been you guys experience with Icotec and how are the factory sound files?

So almost 70 views and not one comment so I must be the only Icotec owner here!

Finally got the call this week and had a chance to mess with it here around the house. Uploaded some TT sounds and some from the Icotec website, pretty easy. Put the Nightstalker and my CS24 in my driveway and walked down the road to compare the remote range and without question the Icotec blows the Foxpro remote range away, like 3-4 times the range. The remote is nice and the whole unit seems well built.

I can't speak to longterm durability because its new but I really like several things better than my CS24. Sound quality is great and volume is outstanding.

Last edited:
Terry I'm taking it out tonight so I'll report back to this thread. Been having fun with my new Super Yoter this year piling them up, hopefully the new sounds will give me some more mojo!

I've been messing with it at home and I didn't think much about the ability to play two different sounds but I played some different vocals and I can see where in certain times that could be very effective.

Took out my new icotec Nightstalker last night, killed a coyote with it on the second stand.

Caller is super loud, so much so some sounds will distort a little at max volume but I rarely ever run things loud anyway. It was really windy last night so it wasn't great testing conditions for being able to listen to sound quality in field conditions but I'm LOVING the range of the remote!

foxpros are engineered to get you to spend more $$...only the top models have good remotes..mid and low level are sub par compared to other callers...thats how they get your dollars.

I have been using the Icotec Nightstalker for a year now, so far I like it, the remote range is great, volume is great, sound quality is great. I have 2 Foxpro calls they also work good but there have been times that the Icotec called in yotes after the Foxpro was used, that being said I do think they get educated to the same E-caller being used.

So a little update on my Nightstalker....

I bought it in late October to take to Montana later this winter to hunt for some Ranchers as a backup to my CS24 and to my surprise its now the other way around! The range of the remote is why my foxpro is collecting dust!! I pulled countless all nighters making dozens of sets and its performed amazing. Not once has the remote failed to operate the caller at distance, uphill, downhill, it doesn't matter. My eyesight up close isn't good and I can read the remote much better than my TX1000, especially the timer. Sounds are loud enough and sound good as well (animals keep coming to it so I let them be the judge!).

Since late October its been the death of around 80 coyotes, along with calling many many foxes and bobcats and thats pretty hard to do in basically 2 months in the eastern US.

I did manage to somehow break the 1/4x20 brass insert that attached to a tripod. JD from Icotec quickly sent me a new case and I'm up and back to killing.

If you are looking for a no BS killing machine take a look at the Icotec Nightstalker....

Originally Posted By: Kino MSo a little update on my Nightstalker....

I bought it in late October to take to Montana later this winter to hunt for some Ranchers as a backup to my CS24 and to my surprise its now the other way around! The range of the remote is why my foxpro is collecting dust!! I pulled countless all nighters making dozens of sets and its performed amazing. Not once has the remote failed to operate the caller at distance, uphill, downhill, it doesn't matter. My eyesight up close isn't good and I can read the remote much better than my TX1000, especially the timer. Sounds are loud enough and sound good as well (animals keep coming to it so I let them be the judge!).

Since late October its been the death of around 80 coyotes, along with calling many many foxes and bobcats and thats pretty hard to do in basically 2 months in the eastern US.

I did manage to somehow break the 1/4x20 brass insert that attached to a tripod. JD from Icotec quickly sent me a new case and I'm up and back to killing.

If you are looking for a no BS killing machine take a look at the Icotec Nightstalker....

So are we to assume that you like it lol?

Thanks for the review, I've been thinking about those. Even the little Icotec's will call coyotes and sound pretty decent.

I love my Revolt but the remote needs replaced and they're all on the slow boat from China I guess. And the non lit buttons can make things interesting at night but I manage. A change up can be good when you're calling a lot of the same ground a few times a year. I know I call way more coyotes with the Revolt than I ever did a FP.

I looks like the sabre black call is the same minus the ability to play two sounds at once? For $100 less it might be a pretty good deal.

I don't know but I do know the only difference in the Nightstalker and the Outlaw is the Outlaw comes with the decoy but you can add it to the Nightstalker later. The decoy is useless for night hunting so I saved $100 and bought the Nightstalker.

Icotec offers a great discount to military and first responders, LEO so kudos to a company that gives back.

I love my Revolution but it is a huge caller and I can honestly say I have never used the camera. What is the size compared to the Revolution. My last foxpro was the FX5 which I still have. I love the built in decoy on the LD but not a game breaker if I don't have one. I can't call at night here in OK? Does it have lots of sounds that will never be used? Thanks again

Jon

Jon, I can't speak to the Revolution but the Nightstalker/Outlaw are comparable in size to the LD Roughneck and Foxpro X24. Its not a small caller but not giant either. I still have an FX5 as well and it also collects dust mostly!

The Nightstalker has an auxiliary port for decoys and the remote controls it so its plug and play for external decoys.

One thing I haven't mentioned much is the Icotec sounds. The callers come with about 150 or so BUT THERE SOUNDS ARE FREE!!! You can download ANY you want for free from the library and all new sounds that come out are free as well!!! Thats unheard of with foxpro or LD. Some are awesome, some not needed, Icotec let's you choose and don't nickel and dime you....

Kino,
thanks for the info. I just loaned out my FX5 to my friend who is waiting for his LD to come in from Rick. I am probably going to get the Outlaw to try it out.

thanks
Jon

I have a night stalker to, the calls are legit. The remote range makes them a game changer and the sounds are free on there site. Also can get a good selection of sounds from TT. The 2 sounds at one time is pretty slick to.

Back