More Hog Stalking this time 10mm

Bowhntr6pt

Took the grandson out checking game cameras, a trip to the range to sight in my G40 10mm, and get some training in. First stop was the range where my Grandson Brixton, age 7, was given some safety tips. He really liked shooting the M&P 15-22. Here is is group fired from 7 yards. He is off to a great start.

We spotted a nice hog but he was out in the open. He was about 25-30 yards from a fence that separated two open fields. I saw two small trees on the fence line. I went out about 100 yards and got those two small trees between me and the hog. I slowly moved up and took a kneeling shot from the fence line. He went about 5-10 steps, did the circle of death, stopped, I sent another one, and he was done.

On the way out we saw another one feeding nest to some tall grass nest to a low spot but he too was out in the wide open. I used the grass to mask my approach, got on my knees for the final distance, and took a kneeling shot. He dropped in his tracks but needed a final send off before taking the pics.

As a last minute thought, I gave my phone to my grandson and he took this video... unfortunately he went to cover his ears when I shot. Also, I had to knock off the first minute or so of the stalk.

Hog Stalk

On the way home... he's done...

Last edited:
Awesome! I have a six year old grandson that loves hunting and fishing. They are pretty special for sure.

Back