Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3283565 - 10/15/21 01:25 PM Onx or other option?
1trkyhntr Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Southside Virginia
I am using a Garmin DriveTrack with my state chip in it. While it does show landowner info and a satellite view, the resolution and detail is horrible. I have seen the Onx app and it is 1000 times better. Any of you guys have experience with other apps or is Onx the best. What I want is a good satellite view of my state with landowner info and boundaries. Weather satellite would be nice too.

#3283584 - 10/15/21 05:10 PM Re: Onx or other option? [Re: 1trkyhntr]
jmeddy Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: SW PA
I use ONX.. Used scoutlook in the past along with onx but when they merged with Huntstand I could not figure it out (I am techno DUMB) and it lost all my deer stands on the farm I bowhunt in illinois.
Not that I needed them but thought that it could happen on any new properties I might set up there or here in PA.

#3283691 - 10/17/21 12:31 PM Re: Onx or other option? [Re: 1trkyhntr]
AWS Offline

Loc: NM
I have onx on my computer at home to.study hunting areas but still use my chip.from Kirsh Outdoors in my hunting truck

Make mine a Minaska.

Heaven has rules and walls, He-l has open borders

#3283700 - 10/17/21 02:13 PM Re: Onx or other option? [Re: 1trkyhntr]
1trkyhntr Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Southside Virginia
I saw the Kirsh chips back a couple of years ago but at the time he did not offer anything for my state.
I just rechecked his site and it did not show any chips available at all.

I just tried the free version of BaseMap and the trial version of Onx. BaseMap is way better as far as resolution goes and it seemed to be easier to use. Based on that I'm leaning towards Basemap. I still have not tried HuntView but according to the videos I watched it seems to be pretty similar to BaseMap.

#3283760 - 10/18/21 12:39 PM Re: Onx or other option? [Re: 1trkyhntr]
DesertRam Offline

Loc: Las Cruces, NM USA
I believe Korey is out of the map business now, so my beloved Trax-West is becoming more and more obsolete each passing day. Luckily I upgraded to the new version just before he stopped offering it a couple years ago, so it's still pretty accurate. OnX is the big player though, and I just donated enough to the RMEF to get a free annual subscription. I will try it out soon, at least on my PC and phone. I will continue to use the Kirsch chip in my truck and handheld GPS units until it's just too outdated.

#3283861 - 10/20/21 06:23 AM Re: Onx or other option? [Re: 1trkyhntr]
redhaze Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Texas
I just got the ONx app and it is very good. Lots of details and easy to use. Just used it some in NM this past Sunday and Monday.

Moderator:  DesertRam, Matt1953 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.