Night Time Critters

Burnsome...

Sometimes I get interesting visitors when out yote hunting...

Super Hogster video from last night. I'd guess they were 25-30 yards away

ETA: I think I'll start adding videos to this over time. Fox, coons, whatever. When I transitioned to the SH from digital NV, I was a little concerned about being able to distinguish between fox and yotes. After the last several months I'm getting pretty comfortable distinguishing between them and find myself using the thermal more than digital. The gun is much much lighter to boot.

Last edited:
A few Super Hogster videos from last night. 100% humidity after a rain drenched day from the hurricane bands coming through. Even with that high humidity the hogster does very well. As expected, the video doesnt come near the clarity and crispness when looking through the Hogster.

No coyotes last night. I'm pretty sure they were in the area but my dog probably scared them off when he went on a barking frenzy around 10:30PM

If anyone would like to post videos from your thermals please feel free to pile on. I think it would be a good source of information showing how thermals (or digital NV) works for you and your hunting setups.

Several deer - about 25-30 yards away

Raccoon - 60 yards

Raccoon family - the kids decided to retreat up a tree

Fox - 60 yards. A small mouse comes in from behind

Fox and Raccoon - 60 yards

Fox and another Raccoon

Last edited:
Great Videos, Thank you for sharing!

I just purchased a Iray TL35 and may try to add a couple of videos once I can get them uploaded. On paper, the Bering SH and Iray TL35 are very comparable but there is a lot more information on the SH and I would have found a direct comparison helpful when I was looking into them. I finally ended up going with the TL35 since it would swap over onto my bolt guns easier.

When you are recording are you using the internal recording of the SH? I read somewhere that the Infiray Outdoor app may work with the Bering SH since it is using an Iray core and processor. This is unconfirmed and it would be beneficial information for anyone else considering the purchase.
I have tried a couple of videos with the app and comparing to the internal video of the TL35 it seems to be higher resolution. The other benefit is that the Iray app allows audio recording using the mic from your phone.

Keep em coming!

Last edited:
Thanks Red, and welcome to the forum Sir. That TL35 looks like it would be much easier to mount on a bolt gun. Please add some of your videos here for "reference material" when you can.

To answer your question - yes, I am using the internal recording on the SH. I'll look into that app you brought up.

I got to thinking about posting this topic a while back when I was searching for a thermal optic as it seemed there was a need for a wide variety of images/videos that showed different animals at different distances under certain weather conditions, etc. that would be beneficial. I realize there are a lot of variables that impact those videos and they are typically less quality than one sees through the scope.

Sorta figured the following data might be beneficial when posting:

Scope brand/type
Animal ID
Distance
Weather conditions (humidity, etc)

Thanks! I have been lurking the PM forums for quite some time but figured it was high time to join and start contributing (well at minimum a few laughs at my ineptitude).

I looked and Bering has an app (in the Android app store) for the Phenom and "coming soon" to the SH. When I posed the question I wasn't sure if you were using it and they had not updated the description, if it worked but had limited functionality, or if the rumor that the Infiray Outdoor app worked with the SH was true.

That is a great point to include the relative humidity at the time of video since it has such a significant impact on image quality. It was data that was sorely lacking in a lot of the videos I looked through when researching thermal gear. The RH in my area is around 30% right now in the evenings so my scope should show better image quality here compared to what it would be in your location but the more data and videos that are out there the better informed others can be!

It's cool to see in your first post, second video, the back deer must still be in velvet showing "hot" and front one being hard horned already and no hot antlers.

Originally Posted By: RedneckmechI looked and Bering has an app (in the Android app store) for the Phenom and "coming soon" to the SH. When I posed the question I wasn't sure if you were using it and they had not updated the description, if it worked but had limited functionality, or if the rumor that the Infiray Outdoor app worked with the SH was true. Bering has an app for both Andriod and iOS devices now and it works with the Phenom, Super Hogster and the Super Yoter. It does not record audio however.

I have used the infiRayOutdoors app to connect to a Phenom, Super Hogster, and Super Yoter as well. I haven't had any issues with it. Early on I discovered it worked, and contacted Bering and they didn't seem too concerned with people using it. They won't support it, of course, because it isn't their app, but it seems to work OK. However, the one thing a Bering Optics user should not do is try to update the firmware.

The infiRayOutdoors app does have a microphone option and it does allow a person to stream the video to the phone and it records the audio from the device and video from the scope. The one issue you may run into is the audio and video being about .5 seconds out of synch.

Here are a couple of videos showing the comparison between internal and external video in the Infiray TL35. Apparently I was mistaken in the perceived quality improvement of the video in the app due to viewing it on the smaller screen of my phone. Both internal and external seem to be about the same when viewed on my computer. The issue that can be seen with the external video is that the strength/speed of the Wifi signal is pretty low and the phone tends to lose connection if I move away from it at all. You can really see the difference when I am zooming the video as in the app it appears to lag and has artifacts.
The I guess the main benefit of the app is it allows audio to be recorded using the mic on your phone.

Both Videos were at a temp of 47deg F and a Relative Humidity of 34%. The bedded deer was at 230 yards and the feeding deer at 370.

TL35 Internal Video:

TL35 in Infiray Outdoor App:

Edit: Another one from below my house a few minutes ago of a Moose and two deer feeding from an apple tree. Roughly 220 yards, 56deg F, 33% RH

TL35 Internal Video:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Korey! I think it may have been from one of your forum posts that I learned of it but I looked through enough stuff that I couldn't remember for sure.

I really appreciate the quality of the videos you have on the Night Goggles channel. I have learned a heckuva lot about both night calling setup and thermal gear in general from watching them. You have some fantastic stuff, thank you for taking the time to share it with everyone!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RedneckmechThanks for the info Korey! I think it may have been from one of your forum posts that I learned of it but I looked through enough stuff that I couldn't remember for sure.

I really appreciate the quality of the videos you have on the Night Goggles channel. I have learned a heckuva lot about both night calling setup and thermal gear in general from watching them. You have some fantastic stuff, thank you for taking the time to share it with everyone! Very kind words, thank you and welcome to PM! I’m glad my posts and videos have helped.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpVery nice Burn. That second coyote was burning rubber.

True that! We got tunnel vision focused on coyote #1 that we never saw #2 at all until he/she streaked across in front of us.

Back