Idaho Wolf

I'm going to be giving it a heck of a effort this winter. I have a friend that was complaining about them killing elk that winter on his ranch and harassing his livestock. It's big country that the shots can be very long. Montana increased the number of tags that we can buy from 5 up to 10. We shall see what happens.

The state will sell you 10 tags knowing full well that most hunters will fail to fill even one tag.

I fear that these "Bounty" programs funded by a few private groups, and now the state of Idaho, will only further fan the flame to ban wolf hunting. The feds are now "reviewing" our managment programs and I really think that adding night hunting, night vision equipment, hunting over roadkill bait, 10 tags, etc. ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING IN REGARDS TO TOTAL AVERAGE HARVEST NUMBERS but they are really going to hurt us in the eyes of the average American who has never seen (and never will see) a wild wolf. It is starting to look like a war on wildlife, not a well regulated, ethically applied, biology based management program. Just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted By: BailHeading to Idaho Jan 1st for round 3!!

Good luck!

I'm heading to MT on Nov 6th for my 20th year. Must admit I dont take wolf hunting as seriously as I do yote hunting though. Mostly good times camping in the mountains with good friends and making good memories. No contact with the outside world for a week or so. Maybe one of these years I'll meet up with a wolf. Just being out there is worth it to me.

I am helping my friend with his Elk Hunt in Idaho and if we get done earlier, we know of strong Wolf sign and even a couple of sightings, so I plan to bring my arsenal and attempt a few hunting tries. I would LOVE to smoke a Wolf.

Back