Toughing It Out

DoubleUp

We made it work tonight under some tough conditions. Blowing a steady 20+NE and misting rain as well. We went back to the same field where we've already killed 6 this year. It is a big field running a mile north to south and a mile and a half east to west. We set up right in the middle of it where I saw the 2nd coyote the other night when I killed the one where my buddy's scope batteries died.

The coyote came out to our north a little better than 700 yds. away. I don't think she could even hear the call as hard as it was blowing. Anyway I spotted her with the Phenom and when it became apparent that she wasn't interested in our calling or she couldn't hear it, I told my buddy to take his Razor electric bike and ride to her since she wouldn't be able to hear him or smell him coming.

She was very near the end of the field road we were on. When he got there a tractor was parked that he could prop his rifle on for the shot. Here is a picture. I don't know how much video he got, and I watched it all unfold from 700 yds. away. Wouldn't have seen her without the Phenom and the conditions were tough.

#12 by Double Up, on Flickr

Video:

Last edited:
Please consider sending the Phenom back. You are affecting the global swarming of coyotes. It's not fair to those of us under resourced individuals. Other than that, congrats on another dead.

It is a game changer for sure. My hunting buddy is already looking to get one. Tough waiting on the Super Yoter to arrive, but that won't really help me kill more coyotes. It will just give me a better picture while doing it.

Cant shoot 'em if you cant see 'em for sure.

I compared my FLIR Scion scanner to my original FLIR unit (dont recall the model but its probably 9 years old) last night and what a difference.

Comparing the FLIR Scion to the Super Hogster is also eye opening as the SH outperforms it especially in high humidity and in overall general detail and detection capability.

I probably need to pick up a Phenom just because....

It's a great time to have that kind of technology available

Congrats to you and your partner for knocking another one down DU

Back