Looking for Stryker bred Kemmer Cur

sureshotshane

Hello all,

I’m in the market for a dog and would like a good all around predator dog. Specifically looking for a Stryker bred cur from the Fry family. I’ve always heard good things about Darrill Fry’s dogs and others in his family. I used to hear more about them but after bear hunting with dogs was outlawed in CA and now bobcat hunting is illegal I wonder if they moved on to better places. I grew up right next door (relatively speaking) to some of the Fry’s but never knew them personally.

Anyone know if they are still hunting and breeding? Or how to get ahold of them?

I’m currently dogless but already have a deposit on a dog of a different variety (Deutsch Drahthaar) but one dog is never enough.

I’d like a dog I can hunt gray fox and coon with and eventually use out-of-state (can’t wait to move from this state) for bobcat/lion. Also want to use the dog when calling coyotes.

Interested in other breeders of proven Mtn. Curs in the West.

Thanks.

It sucks that these forums are dead now days. What sucks even more is Facebook but you can find Derrick Fry on there and he contributes to the big game kemmers fab page. Not sure if you can get a dog from him but could probably find some striker blood from other guys

Yeah, this forum used to be a great place for guys that were wanting to get into the decoy dog game. But too many people got hurt feelings and other guys got too tired of newbs and went off on them instead of trying to help.
Most of the old timers are gone....
I just barely started checking back here..

Back