7.62x39 ammo

Doubtful unless they find a work around using different labeling.
There will still be ammo around(brass cased boxer primed) but not at Russian steel cased prices.

https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-ammo-sale/762x39-ammo

One of my go-to sites is sgammo, linked above. I didn’t read all the details, but I thought it was more a ban on new import licenses, than an actual ban on importing the ammo itself? I may not have that all right, just skimmed through.

Yes, whatever they(current administration) can do to make gun ownership more restrictive, expensive & a hassle, they will do.

Haven’t had a problem finding it. In fact I looked before posting this and found 1000 rounds of Wolf FMJ for $371

Pffftt .... so dummy places a ban on the Ruskies
He (and his whole family) luvssss Chinr they use the same round. Just food for thought.

( my point is there are too many countries that could import that is not russia, also the ban only affect new request to import from Russia so a few will be safe until their license expires)

Last edited:
It wouldn’t surprise me if instead of seeing steel case wolf ammo from Russia we start seeing “coyote steel case ammo from Serbia” or something like that.

PSA is tooling up to make steel case ammo here stateside right now

coming soon i guess - well before the bans cause the last of the import contracts to expire.

7.62x39
5.45x39
7.62x54Ra

I am sure any that starts being made in the US will be expensive. As much as I support buying US made, sometimes the cost is ridiculous.

the cost is redonkulus for TULA right now too... lucky to see that at $12/box (locally) $350/1k (online) these days.

if we're gonna be stuck paying $0.40-$0.50/rd for steel x39.... i'd rather give it to PSA than TULA.

im just happy i'm sitting on a decent stash back from when it was about half that.

Originally Posted By: Plant.Onethe cost is redonkulus for TULA right now too... lucky to see that at $12/box (locally) $350/1k (online) these days.

if we're gonna be stuck paying $0.40-$0.50/rd for steel x39.... i'd rather give it to PSA than TULA.

I bet PSA will be half again that price. I won’t pay the higher price. $350/1000 has been the price for quite some time.

I was picking up a set of rings in Tulsa last week and a guy was buying an AK47. There were two box's of ammo laying beside it. I ask the salesman how much? He said $10 a box. I think they were 25 round box's but not 100% sure. I thought that was reasonable.

pre covid panic buy pricing nonsense.... 20rd boxes of tula (and a lot of other steel case) was like $5-$5.50/box

in today's market.. $10 is ok ish, but still double the price 2 years ago.

[beeep]... even in post sandy hook panic buy shortages i never paid more than $5.75/20 for x39 steel case. i put several ammo cans worth aside back then for around $5.25/box

Back