CCW question

pyscodog

Like a dumb azz, I let my license expire. Its only 2 months out. I sent an email to OSBI asking if there was a grace period. (An instructor at my club said just send the money.) I got a reply from OSBI and the said there was no grace period to "carry" but I had three years to renew.

Where I'm confused is on my renewal form its says expired licenses need to go back to the sheriff's dept. I don't want to send the form and money just to have it returned because I messed up again. I feel stupid enough letting it slip by me to begin with. Can someone (in the know) help me out with what I need to do? FYI, I'm in Oklahoma.

Last edited:
I talked to another person and he said send it in. I got a money order and my photos and sent it. Guess if they send it back I'll know for sure.

yes, you did it right. I just sent mine in. If it is less than 3 years all you need to renew is photos, money order, and application.
I am from OK also.

Last edited:
Another email from the OSBI. Seems you have three (3) years to renew your license. They told me send the app, photo and money but I had already done that before receiving the email. Guess I'm good to go now. Thanks!!

Back